Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

money stream Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
ffarron
Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:47:36 AM
How do you interpret the money stream data when it is hugely negative (e.g. -1.5M) but above its moving average?
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:37:54 AM

Worden Trainer

MoneyStream is a cumulative indicator and its actual value is completely meaningless. So the fact that it is positive or negative is meaningless as well. The following topic was written for TeleChart, but the general concepts it discusses can be very helpful when interpreting cumulative indicators in general.

Dealing with OBV & MS in PCF's - how to interp their "values"

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
ffarron
Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 3:45:26 AM
QUOTE (Bruce_L)
MoneyStream is a cumulative indicator and its actual value is completely meaningless. So the fact that it is positive or negative is meaningless as well. The following topic was written for TeleChart, but the general concepts it discusses can be very helpful when interpreting cumulative indicators in general.

Dealing with OBV & MS in PCF's - how to interp their "values"
Bruce, is there a glossary somewhere that translates this alphabet soup into English? Thanks, ffarron
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 8:33:18 AM

Worden Trainer

The only alphabet soup I see in Tanstaafl's post is math, the Personal Criteria Formula Language and his abbreviation of Upper Bollinger Band to UBB (only used after the longer version).

I can't help you with the math and the use of UBB has already been explained, but the following topics contain a fairly comprehensive list of the syntax that is valid in TeleChart's Personal Criteria Formula Language and some examples of basic formulas.

PCF Formula Descriptions
Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs!

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
robertrao
Posted : Monday, November 8, 2010 5:00:36 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

How can i get a 'simple' explanation of Money Stream.  I have Wordens Video and it goes into deep analiss of divergances etc...but no explainatoin of how this indicator is measuring .   In the video it shows a divergance lasting over a year...what good is that?   I am concerned right now.   I cant get my mind around the value and importance of it

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, November 8, 2010 5:07:18 PM

Worden Trainer

The Basic Info on BOP, TSV and MoneyStream topic explores the basics of MoneyStream and has links to more in depth videos at the beginning of the post. If you have already explored those videos, I really can't give you any additional insight or a better explanation.

The actual calculation of Cumulative MoneyStream itself is proprietary and I could not give you any suggestions or ideas as to what the math might be behind it besides it being cumulative and based entirely on Price and Volume.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles