Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Help making indicator formula Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
ar1999
Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 4:07:03 PM
Can somebody please help me these 2 separate indicators that show me the following calculation:

1) last price - top of the keltner channel 13, exp,2 (it will show how much in % is to the top since last price close)
2) the same as above but to the bottom: last price - bottom of the keltner channel 13, exp,2 (also in %)

thanks in advance!
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 4:19:12 PM

Worden Trainer

I really don't understand what you are asking.

Do you want the Percent that Price is within the Keltner Channel as a Percent of the Keltner Channel Width?

Do you want the Percent that Price is above or below the Upper Keltner Channel as a Percent of the Upper Keltner Channel?

Do you want the Percent that the Upper Keltner Channel is above or below Price as a Percent of Price?

Do you want the Percent that Price is above or below the Lower Keltner Channel as a Percent of the Lower Keltner Channel?

Do you want the Percent that the Lower Keltner Channel is above or below Price as a Percent of Price?

Do you wont some combination of the above or something else entirely?

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
ar1999
Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 4:30:13 PM
Sorry if I was not clear Bruce.
I want: the Percent that the Upper Keltner Channel is above or below Price as a Percent of Price.
Example:
1) price = 100
2) Upper kelter is = 150
So the indicator should plot the number +50 (it will take a 50% up move so price hits the upper channel of kelter.

Similar to this would be the other indicator:
Example
1) price = 100
2) bottom of kelter = 50
The indicator should return a -50 number (it will take 50% down move to touch the bottom of the kelter channel.
ar1999
Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 5:14:57 PM
I have done this with price and moving average but I cant find the keltner upper and lower channels parameters to do the same.
Here is how the price-average looks like:

plot = ( (price.close - price.XAVG(26) ) / price.close) * 100
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:57:45 AM

Worden Trainer

You should be able to Open an attached Indicator directly into a running copy of StockFinder 5 (and save it from within StockFinder 5 if desired). You could also Save it to the \My Documents\StockFinder5\(Your Username)\My Indicators\ folder and then load it like you would any other Indicator (or Copy and Paste it there from wherever it Saves if you can't specify the destination directory when Saving).

Attachments:
Keltner Perc Diff from Price.sfInd - 8 KB, downloaded 440 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles