Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

add a condition to scan my watch lists Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
ffarron
Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 5:43:28 PM
I want to scan my watch lists for this event: when the momentum graph crosses from <0 to >0; in other words when the momentum moves UP through the zero line. thank you.
diceman
Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 5:59:32 PM
What length momentum?

Thanks
diceman
ffarron
Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 9:32:06 PM
QUOTE (diceman)
What length momentum?

Thanks
diceman
I don't understand your question. The graph is a continuum. I would need perhaps twenty periods - if that's what you mean by "length?" - I would like at least two sequential periods above the zero line. ffarron
diceman
Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 10:04:57 PM

Typically momentum has a length/period associated with it.

Today vs. yesterday would be 1 day momentum. (when it goes above zero today is higher than yesterday)
This week vs last week would be 5 day momentum. (when it goes above zero today is higher than 5 days ago)
If you used 21 day momentum it would go above zero when today was higher than 21 days ago.

Basically the momentum of what? What does going above zero mean? What is higher than what?

Hope that helps

Thanks
diceman

diceman
Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 10:23:39 PM
Its also possible you are calling something else momentum (like MACD, MACDH)
all indcators should have settings.

Thanks
diceman

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 9:04:12 AM

Worden Trainer

ffarron,
TeleChart does not have a built in Indicator called Momentum. There are quite a few Indicators designed to indentify Momentum. Many of those are called Momentum or have Momentum as part of the name. Do you have a particular Momentum Indicator in mind? If the Momentum Indicator has settings, do you know those settings?

While you asked this question in the Ask a Trainer - TeleChart forum, the fact that you are talking about a Momentum Indicator that is apparently already on your Charts leads me to wonder if you are actually asking about StockFinder as it does have numerous Momentum Indicators including one called Momentum (although this Indicator has a Period Setting).

If you are talking about StockFinder's built in Momentum Indicator, you should be able to just right-click on the Indicator and select Create Condition | Crossing Up Through Value: 0.00 | OK. You could then use the resulting Condition as a Scan.

Creating Conditions
Scanning with Conditions

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles