Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

First 'n' custom indicator plots cause chart to squeeze to the top Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
paul1307
Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 5:21:57 PM
I do most of my developing using the 'Class' tab and manually stepping through the price series. If the indicator uses 10 prices to calculate my indicator and I scroll the price chart backwards to include the first 10 prices in the plot, the whole chart seems to get squeezed up into the top of the screen. Once those first 10 prices are off the screen to the left, the chart plots correctly.

I'm using  MyBase.AddToOutput(datev, value) for the plots.

I've tried not plotting at all for the first 'n' values, plotting the close for the specific date, 'single.nan' (which blanked the whole window!), and I've run out of ideas. 

I noticed this doesn't happen when you're plotting something like a moving average that simply "picks up" at the 'n + 1' value, correctly plotting the first 'n' prices; obviously, I'm doing something wrong.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Also, if I put a "break' statement into my code to debug it in Visual Studio, it seems that almost always, I can lock SF up completely, even when my code runs correctly (excepting what I've noted above) in SF. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong there as well?

Thanks again.