Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

P&F Chart Question Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Mark
Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:55:35 AM
How can I change the Box size and the # of boxes required for a reversal
wwrightjuly4
Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:03:30 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Mark, 

apologies for barging in on your question....

I think if you select new chart and set to P&F  i.e. not the main chart.... you get an edit box for the reversal, setting the main chart to P&F fails to show the edit box  ( I think).

What I would like is an edit box that sets the reversal  at % of the price such that if the most recent close
is 75,  the reversal would be 7.5    @10%, 
if  125 the reversal would be 12.5  @ 10%

my previous question along these lines went un-answered....suppose there is non for my request.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:09:31 PM

Worden Trainer

The Point&figure topic has more information on the current state of Point and Figure Charts in StockFinder.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
ronate12
Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 2:23:10 PM

Bruce,
I have read all the post regarding the P&F but the original question was never really answered.  In Blocks it was just a display type.  Is that the case also in Stockfinder?  Can the  the box size be defined and the number of boxes necessary for a reversal be defined.  Traditional it is 3 box reveral.  Size is also important if one is to use P&F especially if predictions from the chart is to be made.  You states there are no rules but gives an edit box?  what is it's purpose and how does one use it.  I changed some of the value with no real change in the plot.  Am I still missing something?

Ronate
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 2:30:52 PM

Worden Trainer

All of the questions are answered in the topic as nothing has changed. It is still just a display type in StockFinder. All of the settings are the same and still do the same things (or do nothing as mentioned).

You can't set the Box Size as the number of Boxes in the entire vertical range of the Chart is based on the Boxes Per Column Style Property.

You can't set the reversal based on a number of Boxes because it is just a Plot Style. Even if you were to write RealCode to track the Boxes and get the correct ranges for each Column, there is no way for the RealCode to know the size of the Boxes as displayed or to tell the Display the size of the Boxes to display.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
ronate12
Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2010 4:36:56 PM

How is the chart decisions for display determined ie What constitute colums of X's and What makes an X become a colum of O's.

Ronate

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 1, 2010 11:13:29 AM

Worden Trainer

If the Close of the Bar is above the Open it uses Xs and if the Close of the Bar is below the Open it uses Os.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles