Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

missing current day data ? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
shevkoplyas
Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 1:37:36 PM

Hi all!

I'm a proud owner of Gold Suite subscription and I noticed, that StockFinder 5.0 (and actually previous version 4.0 as well) do not provide me with any data for today date. I see the status message (above) that it updates its DB quite often (about each 1-3 minutes). I tried force update. I tried application restart. Doesn't help. All I can see in my StockFinder is the up to yesterday data. It makes me sad

On the other hand TeleChart gives me open prices exactly 9:30am and during the day if I update data (which will do update and restart my TeleChart) I see open price for today and even price range (may be it is 20 minutes delayed - I don't care for now). It makes me happy!

So my questions:
- is it intentional that StockFinder do not allow me to see today's prices even after 2:00pm? Why is it different comparing to TeleChart? Other people (with NO subscription can see much more via your "freestockcharts.com" project, but me (kinda paying customer:) can not? Hm..

Thank you,
Dmitry
StockGuy
Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 1:41:53 PM

Administration

StockFinder at the Gold level is end of day only. It's always been that way.

shevkoplyas
Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 1:52:43 PM

QUOTE (StockGuy)

StockFinder at the Gold level is end of day only. It's always been that way.

Thank your for quick reply, StockGuy,
So, I can consider this magical behaviour of TeleChart, when it gives me something about today, as something "extra" (as a gift:) ? Ok then. Couple more questions not actually related to the topic:

[1] why TeleChart and StockFinder are implemented as two separate projects? It will be thice as hard to watch, handler and do some data interaction between two applications. Could it be one app? (may be some day)

[2] any plans on releasing updated (beta) version of TeleChart soon (next 3-5 months)?

Thank you,
Dmitry
Kuf
Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:59:46 PM

Administration

Stockfinder version 5 Gold will have updated intraday data for the daily timeframe.   Gold will be limited to daily timeframes and higher but the pricing data will be updated intraday. It is not yet in the beta.

Ken Gilb (Kuf)
Chief Software Engineer - Worden Brothers Inc.
Try/Catch - My RealCode Blog
shevkoplyas
Posted : Monday, December 7, 2009 10:28:24 PM

QUOTE (Kuf)
Stockfinder version 5 Gold will have updated intraday data for the daily timeframe.   Gold will be limited to daily timeframes and higher but the pricing data will be updated intraday. It is not yet in the beta.

Oh! Thats a good news for golden members!
Thank you, Ken!