Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

ATR as a dollar value and a percentage Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
ilbuildit
Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 1:12:28 PM
Hi. 

Three questions for displaying ATR in Stockfinder.

1. In TCNet I had 4 different time periods of ATR displayed in the customizable display area (Header area), I had both the dollar value and the percentage of the period displayed. Is it possible to display the dollar value and the percentage only and not an idicator plot somehow with Stockfinder?

2. On the indicator plot in the Stockfinder pane, can I change the dollar value given to a percentage and if so how do I do this?

3. I would like to create a rule to scan with ATR. I would like it to scan for greater than a specific percentage (For example I will use > 6%). So I would scan for anything that has a ATR percentage greater than 6%. As it stands right now I can only scan for a dollar value. How can I change the ATR rule to scan for the percentages?

Quick questions about Realcode. Seems to be Visual Basic. I can consider myself a beginner/novice VB programmer. Am I correct in this?

Thank you in advance.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 1:23:03 PM

Worden Trainer

QUOTE (ilbuildit)
In TCNet I had 4 different time periods of ATR displayed in the customizable display area (Header area), I had both the dollar value and the percentage of the period displayed. Is it possible to display the dollar value and the percentage only and not an idicator plot somehow with Stockfinder?

It is possible to create a Watchlist Column without creating an Indicator in StockFinder, but it currently requires creating a Block Diagram (Dragging and Dropping an indicator to the Watchlist Column is lot easier). It will be a lot easier in StockFinder 5.

QUOTE (ilbuildit)
On the indicator plot in the Stockfinder pane, can I change the dollar value given to a percentage and if so how do I do this?

Yes, but as a percentage of what? I've seen ATR displayed as a Percentage of the current Price, True High, True Low and Average Price.

QUOTE (ilbuildit)
I would like to create a rule to scan with ATR. I would like it to scan for greater than a specific percentage (For example I will use > 6%). So I would scan for anything that has a ATR percentage greater than 6%. As it stands right now I can only scan for a dollar value. How can I change the ATR rule to scan for the percentages?

Once you create Average True Range as an Indicator (after answering the questions above), it will just be a matter of right-clicking on the Indicator and selecting Create Rule.

QUOTE (ilbuildit)
Quick questions about Realcode. Seems to be Visual Basic. I can consider myself a beginner/novice VB programmer. Am I correct in this?

RealCode is based on Visual Basic .NET.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
ilbuildit
Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 1:41:03 PM

I will look forward to Stockfinder 5 then for ATR display values.

For ATR I would like to use a percentage of the current price .

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 1:49:18 PM

Worden Trainer

You should be able to Open an attached Indicator directly into a running copy of StockFinder (and save it from within StockFinder if desired).

Attachments:
Average_True_Range_vs_Price.sfInd - 5 KB, downloaded 462 time(s).

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
ilbuildit
Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 2:02:11 PM
Thank you very much Bruce!
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 2:11:52 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce