Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Daily data import not displaying when weekly is chosen Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
nibor100
Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 10:32:12 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I used the realcode example from page 39 of the RealCode Reference Manual to import some daily numbers by calendar dates. All of the "imported" data plots correctly by the correct date, but when I use the Timeframe picker to set the chart to weekly(or any other timeframe) my realcode indicator plot stays as a daily plot and all other plots change to weekly.How can I modify it so it changes per the selected timeframe picked?Thanks,Ed S.
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 10:50:49 AM

Worden Trainer

I don't know of a way to alter the RealCode so it will output the data using the Time Frame selected for the Chart automatically.

You could create a Block Diagram Based Indicator (right-click on the Chart and select Create New | Indicator Block Diagram) where you run the output of your RealCode Indicator through a Time Frame Bar-Builder Block using the Chart's Main TimeFrame however. You could then Pin the RealCode Indicator so it doesn't affect how the rest of the Indicators are Plotted.

Block Diagrams have been de-emphasized in StockFinder but the Your First 3 Block Diagrams video covers creating Block Diagrams. Most people don't do much with Block Diagrams and use Drag and Drop or RealCode exclusively.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
nibor100
Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 1:48:36 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Bruce,Thanks for the suggestion, it worked fine. I've been with Blocks since the very beginning, so it came back pretty quickly.Ed S.
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 1:59:02 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles