Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Realtive Strength of Stock/ETF vs Gold, S&P500 and $US Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
sonic335
Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 2:52:50 AM
Hello,

I would like to produce charts/indicators that measure the relative strength of a stock, fund or etf againist Gold, the S&P500 and the $US. Three different charts.  Is this possible in SF?  Would prefer hourly, daily and weekly charts.

Would be great is it could be placd on my current charts as/where the indicators are.

Thanks!

m..
jpcharts
Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 2:22:34 PM
I would like to go one step further.  I have some daily data outside of StockFinder which I would like to use to create a chart with the indicator, Relative Strength vs Symbol for the daily data.  I want to compare that data to charts that I can create in StockFinder with the indicator, Relative Strength vs Symbol.  Since I want to display apples versus apples I am wondering if you can point me to the formula used in the Worden applicaion to compute Relative strength vs Symbol.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 10:06:29 AM

Worden Trainer

sonic335,
How would your proposed application differ from adding three Relative Strength vs Symbol Indicators to your Charts and adjusting the Symbol?

jpcharts,
Assuming you are getting the data using the Market Data Reader or the RealCode File Reader to Plot the outside data in StockFinder, you should be able to just add a Price for Symbol Indicator with the RS Comparison Symbol and then Drag and Drop the Plot of your outside data onto the Price for Symbol Indicator and select Create Indicator | Ratio.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles