Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Stored and Imported Intraday Data Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
rlschapman
Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 1:46:42 PM

I want to ensure that StockFinder (or Telechart) can keep track of price gaps on Platinum version. Especially, intraday gaps that would not appear on daily candlesticks. This is very important. I am weary of missing an intraday gap that occurred prior to the locally stored historical data set.

1. How much intraday data is and can be stored on the user end? I can't readily find any documentation that clarifies how much intraday day can be stored locally.

2. If customers can download 1 month of historical intraday will any intraday saved prior to the last 30 days be saved or replaced? Is there a way to review data prior to this 30 day limit locally?

Is it possible to download and import historical data using the MarketDataReader feature(or any feature) into StockFinder (or Telechart) that exceeds the timeframe of locally stored data or will it be limited to the time series of data stored locally?

The only related information I could find on this issue is here:
http://videos.blocks.com/SnapSheets/SWF/csvreader/csvreaderblocks.html

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 2:27:42 PM

Worden Trainer

When you first install the intraday data in StockFinder, it will have less than a year of data (although at this point, I think you would still have all of 2009 available with a fresh installation).

After this point, the data just accumulates and you can end up with years of data available if you have subscribed to the real time data that long.

There is also a DVD available with minute data going back five years for $295 for StockFinder. It should be noted that there is a built in limit in StockFinder so that it only displays the last 5000 bars of data, so you will not be able to view five years of real time data without using a fairly long intraday time frame.

The Market Data Reader will allow you to display and use outside data, but it does not actually import anything into StockFinder.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles