Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

PCF for cup with a handle Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
gurdeep
Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2005 8:06:37 AM
Hello,
Is it possible to create pcf for cup with handle, with following conditions-
Cup and handle- 7-15 weeks

- Left side of the cup 2-5weeks
- Volume drying on left side
Craig_S
Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2005 8:38:43 AM

Worden Trainer

I've tried to make a method for finding cups with handles but the pattern has too many variables. Here is something to try:

AVGC5/AVGC10.40*100

This compares the recent prices to the prices 40 or so bars ago. In theory, the left and right side of your cup. You would want them to be similar so set your values to around 100 (a bit above and below it)

MINL50/MAXH50*100

This returns the lowest low of the last fifty days as a percent of the highest high. This determines the cup's depth. I would put the first condition above in an EasyScan then sort the results by this condition in ascending order.

C+H is a rare pattern within a set time frame. You will have to look through many charts over many weeks before you find a textbook version.

Volume drying on left side

Do you mean recent volume (the right side of the handle?) Please elaborate on this a bit for me.

- Craig
Here to Help!
gurdeep
Posted : Friday, April 8, 2005 8:04:33 AM
Hi,
Thanks for help. What I meant was Trading vol in the lower part of the handle and for a week or two along the bottom of the cup declines or dries up to very low level.
Craig_S
Posted : Friday, April 8, 2005 8:56:15 AM

Worden Trainer

Because the pattern for price alone is so rare I would search for that then eye-ball the volume.

My biggest fear is getting too restrictive and the program hiding charts that our eye will see as the pattern but that does not fit the math we are using to search.

- Craig
Here to Help!