Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

200 Day Simple MA Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
nabanco98
Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 10:57:56 AM
Hello,

I must be doing something wrong with the 200 day sma.  Can you tell me what the correct reading for the 200-day sma is currently?  Mine is showing anywhere from 96.31 to 102.11 depnding on which zoom I use.  I have my chart templates set up so that each time I press F1-F8 they zoom in closer, all using the simple, 200.

Thank you
nabanco98
Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 10:58:34 AM
Sorry, for the SPY

QUOTE (nabanco98)
Hello,

I must be doing something wrong with the 200 day sma.  Can you tell me what the correct reading for the 200-day sma is currently?  Mine is showing anywhere from 96.31 to 102.11 depnding on which zoom I use.  I have my chart templates set up so that each time I press F1-F8 they zoom in closer, all using the simple, 200.

Thank you
Craig_S
Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 11:32:47 AM

Worden Trainer

It sounds like the line you are seeing changing is not a moving average of price but something else.

If you press "I" for Indicator and look at the tree, is the 200sma indented once under price or is it indented deeper than once or indented under something other than price?

When you add a moving average, be sure you highlight price when it asks what to do the average of.

- Craig
Here to Help!
nabanco98
Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 1:30:15 PM
That worked Craig, thank you

QUOTE (Craig_S)

It sounds like the line you are seeing changing is not a moving average of price but something else.

If you press "I" for Indicator and look at the tree, is the 200sma indented once under price or is it indented deeper than once or indented under something other than price?

When you add a moving average, be sure you highlight price when it asks what to do the average of.

Craig_S
Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 1:52:01 PM

Worden Trainer

Glad to hear it!

- Craig
Here to Help!