Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

New to realcode Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
jaydub
Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2009 4:45:38 PM
Hi,

I'm new to realcode and I'm trying to setup a scan for a hammer with the tail twice as long as the body while at the same time stochastics is crossing up through 20.  Can anyone help?

I was looking at the hammer code preprogrammed into stockfinder and I think I understand how to program that, but I'm having problems mostly with the stochastics.  I tried using the add a rule based on indicator, but it's not coming back with what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

J
m_badger
Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2009 8:33:45 PM
QUOTE (jaydub)
...scan for a hammer with the tail twice as long as the body while at the same time stochastics is crossing up through 20...

Depends by what you mean by "at the same time".  If you need the two separate conditions:  (1) hammer candle and the (2) stoch xUp through value of 20 to happen on the same candle, or if they can occur within, for example, X bars of each other or some other arbitrary number of bars apart.

With the stochs you could try something like this:
If Stoc.value(1) < 20 AndAlso Stoc.value > 20 Then
Pass
End If

_mad