Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

What is the formula for telecharts to search for channeling stocks? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
innovative
Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 1:18:23 PM
I would like to find out what the formula is for telecharts to search for channeling stock . 

I understand there are two types of channeling stocks; custom price channels and evelope channels I 

would like to have both formulas.   With your experience which is the best one for beginners.

Many thanks 

Ed 
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 1:40:35 PM

Worden Trainer

Welcome to the forums. A very good foundation for learning how to use TeleChart can be gained by reviewing the following:

If you are new to TeleChart READ THIS FIRST!

If you are actually trying to find symbols that are channelling, you may wish to take a look at the following videos:

Scan for stocks bouncing in a lateral channel
EasyScan Design for Breakouts and Bouncers

If you are interested in the various Channel Plots (such as Bollinger Bands, Linear Regression Channels, Envelope Channels and Custom Price Channels), you may wish to review some of the following videos instead:

Spotting trend changes using linear regression channel sorts
Finding Expanding or Contracting Bollinger Bands
Sort using envelopes, regression channels and Bollinger bands

The following topics cover modelling Bollinger Bands and Linear Regressions using formulas:

Modelling Bollinger Bands (& Standard Deviation) in a TC PCF
Using Linear Regression vs Classical Peaks/Valleys for Divergence Analysis
Linear regression channel calculations

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
innovative
Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 12:44:53 PM
Hi there thank you for the videos they were very helpful, but I am still finding abit tricky to put the PCF into the system they keep coming up as not calculated how do I solve this problem? Also when I write the PCF does there have to be spaces between the formula's

Thanks
innovative
Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 1:58:50 PM

Ive searched the discussion forum for more info it has been useful but still has not solved what i see as a problem.  I have the main selection as all stocks then i put my own PCF after following instructions put it does not change anything to the amount of stocks in the watch list am i missing something?

Many thanks

amberpax
Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 5:06:27 PM
innovative,

After writing and saving a pcf, go to "Databank"  on your main screen  (it's next to "Help") select  "Personal Creteria Formulas",  select "Update All Creteria". After the update has finished,  go to "New"  on your main screen (next to "Jump") Select "New EasyScan" select "All Stocks",  add your PCF and save.
Now, to select this pcf from the "EasyScan" just select the Lightning Bolt symbol on your main menu and select  your "Easy Scan" that you've just added.

-amberpax
innovative
Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 11:46:29 AM
thanks the advise came in handy
amberpax
Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 6:25:12 PM
You're welcome.

-amberpax