Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Point and figure charts in blocks 3.1 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
gallo2000sv
Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:00:56 PM
I just want to know how to use this chart in blocks because is diferent than other chart i have seen. There is any manual or video?
gallo2000sv
Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:02:17 PM
This point and figure charts are working fine?
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2008 10:32:44 AM

Worden Trainer

PointAndFigure in Blocks is currently just a Display Style. There are no calculations built into the Display Style. When a new Column is created is based entirely on how the Bar is built (using either RealCode or Bar Builder Blocks). If the Close is higher than the Open, the Boxes will be an X, if the Close is lower than the Open, the Boxes will be an O. The Boxes are based on the entire Range of the Bar (but this entire Range may not be drawn depending on the Style Properties used).

The number of Boxes in the entire vertical range of the Chart is based on the Boxes Per Column Style Property.

If One Box Reversals is True, a Column will not start drawing Boxes until it is at least one Box away from the extreme of the previous Column (otherwise it will draw the Boxes for the next Column even if they are not at least one Box away from the extreme).

If Partial Boxes is True, a Box will be drawn even when an entire Box is not present (otherwise it will wait for an entire Box to form before it is drawn).

Required Percent does not have any effect of which I am aware.

I am not aware of any tutorials or videos on the subject. Point and Figure Charting is something that is likely to be changed from its current incarnation. While it is working as originally designed (for Blocks 1.x), I do not know of a way to create Box based reversals or adjust the size of the Blocks to represent specific ranges in either Price or Percent. New Columns are generally created using the Point & Figure % Bar-Builder or Point & Figure Bar-Builder Blocks.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles