Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Can you help with a %True formula for a (MinL10 = MinL10.1 = MinL10.2) and (MaxH3 > MaxH3.1) ? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
delano
Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2005 11:31:35 PM
3/4/05 SPY shows a level MinL10 and an increasing MaxH3 but I can’t get %True to show this condition
Craig_S
Posted : Monday, March 7, 2005 1:21:26 AM

Worden Trainer

You cannot string three equals in a row in a PCF. MINL10 returns the lowest low in the last 10 days. When you say a level MINL10 do you mean you don't want a new low in the recent 2 days? You formula implies that. If PCF language accepted your syntax you would only get a FALSE if today or yesterday was a new low for the last 10 or so days.

As for your highs, you seem to be looking for today to be a new high for the three days. This is easy:

MAXH3=H

This will return true if today's high is a new 3-day high (today's high must have increased if it is the new highest high.

If you can elaborate more on what you mean by level lows then I can help you finish the PCF.

In the meantime, here is the corrected version of your PCF for the indicator and it does return TRUE for SPY:

(MinL10 = MinL10.1) AND (MINL10.1=MINL10.2) AND (MaxH3 > MaxH3.1)

- Craig
Here to Help!
delano
Posted : Monday, March 7, 2005 7:50:12 PM
Thank you so much. Exactly what I wanted. Don't know why I didn't catch the double equals.