Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

OHLC etc. Data Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
buycycle
Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:52:48 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

How do I put OHLC, Vol, etc next to the symbol in Blocks 3 chart templates? ( as it looks in TC2K
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 8:40:26 AM

Worden Trainer

I've Shared a Chart that puts the last Open, High, Low and Close in the Price Legend. If you want to take a look:

Select Share | Charts.
Type OHLC Legend in the Search line and select Search.
Select the OHLC Legend Chart.
Select Open.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
buycycle
Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 12:07:31 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Thanks Bruce.  I tried to drag and drop your OHLC to my chart from your chart and there was an error message and it did not work.  I also see where the OHLC info is only for the last day's data.  Can it be dynamic and change for any candle in the template?  How about explaining the process for putting the OHLC info in the chart as you created it?

BuyCycle
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 4:16:31 PM

Worden Trainer

You can't currently drag and drop an indicator from one Pane or Chart to another Pane or Chart (well you can, but this is done to compare two Plots, not to move a Plot).

You can right-click on a Plot and select Copy and then Paste it another Pane or Chart.

I added the Open, High, Low and Close to the Price Legend by modifying the Block Diagram for Price. You can view the Block Diagram by right-clicking on the Price Plot and selecting Block Diagram. While it is a relatively straightforward Block Diagram, it has a quite a few additional Blocks. Actually writing out the steps (like left-click, drag, select, right-click, etc.) one at a time would result in a description that is several pages long. I will not be doing so here for this particular setup.

The basics of manipulating Block Diagrams can be learned from the following videos:

Customizing with Properties
Your First 3 Block Diagrams

These videos are based on an older version of the program, so much of the terminology used is outdated. That said, the basics of manipulating a Block Diagram have not really changed.

While it would be possible to modify this to display values for a Pointer or the right edge of the Chart instead of the last date in the data series by replacing the Last Value in Series Blocks with Value For Date Blocks and connecting them to the appropriate Date, there is a much easier way to get these values for specific Bars.

Left-click on a blank portion of the Chart background to give it focus and then select the Period Key (.) twice on your keyboard to bring up the Pointer Mode Data Box. It will display the values for all of the Indicators on the Chart based on the Pointer location.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles