Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Mutliple questions Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
hicraig3
Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2008 12:15:20 PM
Hi,

These questions are about Telechart.  I'm not using Blocks.

I'd like to be able to apply a PCF to a group of stocks to use as a market timing indicator.  Is there any way to do this in telechart?  

Is there a buy/sell indicator that I can use in Telechart?

Do you have suggestions on what I could use for market timing?  I'd like to be able to see it on the charts. 

Mr Worden's market forecast is really excellent with the various values.  Are the values available in the market forecast as a custom indicator?   What I'm thinking is something like this:

Bullish = 2
Neutral = 1
Bearish = 0

Since the information is available daily for 4 terms (long to short) and the main focus areas Dow, S&P500, Nasdaq twins, it would be very interesting to chart and then be able to compare to the price trends that I'm seeing. 

If not telechart, then can it be done in Blocks?   

I know I can do it in Excel, do you happen to have the values in a file so I don't have to go back and re-enter everything?

Thanks,
Craig.
hicraig3
Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2008 12:16:54 PM
I'd also like to do a buy/sell ratio and apply it to a group of stocks.  Any way to do that?

Thanks,
Craig.
Craig_S
Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2008 12:19:03 PM

Worden Trainer

I'd like to be able to apply a PCF to a group of stocks to use as a market timing indicator.  Is there any way to do this in telechart? 

No.
Is there a buy/sell indicator that I can use in Telechart?

I am not sure what you mean.  Can you elaborate?
Do you have suggestions on what I could use for market timing?  I'd like to be able to see it on the charts.

Have you looked at the T2 indicators in TC?  Worden’s Market Indicators (T2s)

We don't have a historical database of Mr. Worden's values (beyond them being in Worden Reports).  Blocks does allow you to make list-based plots but you cannot import external data at this time.

- Craig
Here to Help!
hicraig3
Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2008 2:42:35 AM
Thanks Craig.  I'd forgotten about the T2's.   What I was thinking of was to be able to take say any of the T2's and apply to a watch list.   After reviewing the T2's, there's plenty there that I can use.

Craig.
Craig_S
Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2008 10:10:02 AM

Worden Trainer

If you ever want to create your own T2s or apply the ideas to any WatchList, you should check out Blocks.

- Craig
Here to Help!
hicraig3
Posted : Monday, February 4, 2008 6:22:07 AM
Is the only way to check out Blocks 3, to attend the seminar?  Is there a free trial to use Blocks?

Craig.
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 4, 2008 9:36:12 AM

Worden Trainer

hicraig3,
If you already have Blocks 2, you can obtain Blocks 3 in Download Blocks 3.0 Here. Otherwise you would need to attend a Training Class to obtain a copy.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles