Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Blocks - How to define a manual in market window Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
iforbes
Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2007 10:16:53 PM
Using Blocks 2.x

I use external sources to get overall market direction, either go long, short, out of market.

Would like to create an indicator to use in a strategy or plot.

Is there a simple way to say if the day is between 3/27/07 and 6/02/07 to return 1, if between 6/3/07 to 7/31 to return 0, etc. ?

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, July 23, 2007 11:44:36 AM

Worden Trainer

I've attached a Strategy Condition based on Michael_T's Tuesday, July 17, 2007 9:35:41 AM ET post in Backscan over a specific date range?. Please download the attached .scond file to:

\My Documents\Blocks Files\Tool Parts\Strategy Conditions

Once downloaded, you should be able to select Add Condition | My Computer when adding a Strategy Condition to access it.

You can use QuickEdit to change the settings and view the Block Diagram. It should work the same. I've just added a T/F to 1,0 Block and an Equals Value Block to show how to get 1 returned for a specific Date Range. You could do this multiple times in the same Block Diagram with a Multiply by Value Block after the T/F to 1,0 Block to get different values for different date ranges.

Attachments:
Between Dates Return 1.scond - 4 KB, downloaded 689 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles