Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

RSMA Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
shirleyd13
Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2007 2:03:43 PM
I attended the La Jolla blocks session and spoke to Craig briefly about this. His advice helped but opened more questions. I have been using RSMA 10vs40 to sort a watchlist by current strength. Initially I was comparing stocks in the watchlist to one another and if the 10d RSMA for A compared to B was above the 40 I assumed A was stronger than B. I also compared all stocks in the list to a strong comparitor such as FX30 using the same technique. Those where the 10 was above the 40 were considered strong and I eyeballed the strong ones to decide which was best. Craig suggested I use a sort comparing the 2 averages by visual difference which worked well. I discovered in playing with this sort that if I compared the same watchlist to FX30 and FX15 I got different results which suggests my whole plan may be faulty. I would think that the stocks compared in this way to FX30 and FX15 should order themselves the same and while they were close there were differences. Can you help me out here? Is my use of RSMA wrong. Is there a better way to sort a list to find a smoothed indicator of which stocks in the list are currently strongest?
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2007 2:46:33 PM

Worden Trainer

The trainers cannot give settings, interpretation or investment advice, but you may wish to review the following:

Download the complete RSMA Exit Strategy monograph

Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view this document.

Relative Strength Moving Averages (RSMA)
Setting up RSMA Exit Strategy indicators

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles