Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Worden Report Nov 5 2004 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
rglenn
Posted : Monday, November 8, 2004 10:46:15 AM
I have entered Dame Rapid Screener's pcf and saved it as an easy scan. When i run this scan i get a list of over 6000 stocks not 150 or so that she spoke of. What am i doing wrong?? Thanks foryour reply.
Craig_S
Posted : Monday, November 8, 2004 11:14:24 AM

Worden Trainer

I will look it over and try it. Come back within 24 hours and I should have some help for you.

- Craig
Here to Help!
Craig_S
Posted : Monday, November 8, 2004 11:31:08 AM

Worden Trainer

rglenn,

I just ran the scan as she recomends and got 238 stocks. Listed below are a few things to check. If you check all of these things and it still does not seem to work, let me know with a quick reply to this post:

1. You have created three seperate PCFs.
2. You correctly copied them from the report.
3. The first two, when you edit them and click TEST, return either TRUE or FALSE as the test result. The third returns a number.
4. You are putting all three PCFs in a new EasyScan.
5. The third PCF should give you a range selector in EasyScan which you set to VALUE of 33 or less.

- Craig
Here to Help!
rglenn
Posted : Monday, November 8, 2004 12:45:13 PM
Craig, thank you very much for your help. It works for me by following your instructions. GREAT JOB!!!
Craig_S
Posted : Monday, November 8, 2004 1:15:35 PM

Worden Trainer

Glad to hear it!

- Craig
Here to Help!
jmcdonald
Posted : Monday, November 8, 2004 4:08:42 PM
Hi, this is my first post here. Hope this is not inappropriate. I was also interested in the Dame Rapid Screener approach. She mentioned her approach to entry/exit by using fractals. Is there any way to scan for these in TC2000? ... or did she mean she uses Excel to determine this? How would you do it in Excel? Also, I do you determine % gain or is this a personal matter of setting a potential price target based on how you see the stock's strength vs. other stocks in the list?

thanks

John
Craig_S
Posted : Monday, November 15, 2004 7:27:35 AM

Worden Trainer

In reading the report myself she does not seem to share exactly how she uses fractals for her exits but does mention using trailing stops as well. It appears she has a spreadsheet that contains her own formulas for calculating risk and reward. There does not appear to be a way to discern the details on her method in the sheet from the report. If you want to see how to export data to excel, check out this video:

http://www.worden.com/training/default.aspx?g=posts&t=85

Percent gain would depend, if I understand your question correctly, on what your purchase price was on the stock. I like to leave a note for myself when I enter a trade that reminds me what I paid for the stock. Here is a video on personal notes:

http://www.worden.com/training/default.aspx?g=posts&t=10

I only have the report to work with, like you so I cannot give you more details outside what she sent Mr. Worden. Maybe if we are lucky, Dame Rapid Screener is lurking on these forums and would share more details with us here!

- Craig
Here to Help!