Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Displaying historical data values for PCFs Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
rwesley
Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:18:48 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if there was any way of displaying or obtaining historical data values for PCFs, custom indicators or even default indicators in Telechart?

I can display the PCF or indicator in the price chart screen, then use the pointer (pressing "." twice) to display the pop-up containing the summary data.

However this method isn't that user-friendly when I have more than a couple of PCFs or indicators which I wish to analyse.

Thanks in advance
Richard
Craig_S
Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:23:12 AM

Worden Trainer

We can take any of your PCFs, indicators or CIs and create PCFs of them for a past date. We can do it based on X days ago OR a specific date.

Give me some of your PCFs/indicators (with settings) and how you want them back-dated (specific date or days ago) and I will create the PCFs for you.

- Craig
Here to Help!
rwesley
Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:39:51 AM
Hi Craig,

Many thanks for your reply. I'm happy enough altering the PCFs for one specific date in the past but really wanted a solution whereby I could scroll backwards / forwards in time and view the data values for the PCF in "realtime". E.g. similar to the feature enabled for price under Tools->Chart Display Options->Show last price overlayed on price scale.

I've been prompted by the discussions on the Worden Reports regarding stop losses. I've created a number of PCFs to generate different stop losses and want to scroll backwards and forwards through old data to determine when they would have been invoked and the actual value for that particular day.

I guess introducing the value overlay for all indicators would be a product enhancement therefore was wondering if there was another easy way to do it.

Rgrds
Richard
Craig_S
Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:43:49 AM

Worden Trainer

Gotcha. My only suggestion would be to create Chart Templates specifically for some of your PCFs. Create templates that have some of your PCFs plotted in the top window. Not ideal but it may help.

- Craig
Here to Help!
rwesley
Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2006 9:27:16 AM
Hi Craig,

I think I will have to use this approach and create separate templates.

Any chance I could put forward the overlay idea for other indicators as an enhancement request?

Cheers
Richard