Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Finding Component stocks in media groups Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
wildbill2
Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2006 10:34:41 AM
I first look for and sort all media groups by price action "last close" and "5 day average". The best media groups are sorted accordingly. As of yesterday, MG844 is on top based on yesterday's close. How do I quickly and easily find the component stocks in MG 844, and sort them the same way ?
Thanks,
Wildbill
Doug_H
Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2006 10:52:58 AM

Worden Trainer

Just two mouse clicks, Wildbill. Look up on the chart, just under the ticker. You'll see the industry pulldown menu. Click on it to pull it down. Now select Change Watchlist to Subindustry Components (you would have chosen Industry Components if the industry ticker had ended in zero...but you said it was MG844...tickers ending in something other than zero are sub-industries.)

Those two mouse clicks will take you to the component stocks in the MG844 sub-industry.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
wildbill2
Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2006 11:04:18 AM
Thanks, Doug. You are a big help. I knew it could be done, but didn't know it was this easy. Thanks again.
Wildbill