Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Test values for PCF are ok but strange results when plotting to chart Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
llilakos
Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2006 7:57:52 AM
I created a PCF that gives a result very close to a moving average. When I test the formula, I get a result that makes sense. When I add the PCF as a custom indicator to a chart, however, the resulting line shows points not attainable by the formula. I'm plotting the line in the top with the plot to price option set. The formula I use is:
((V9 * C9) + (V8 * C8) + (V7 * C7) + (V6 * C6) + (V5 * C5) + (V4 * C4) + (V3 * C3) + (V2 * C2) + (V1 * C1) + (V * C))/ (V + V1 + V2 + V3 + V4 + V5 + V6 + V7 + V8 + V9)

How can I get the formula to plot properly?
Bruce_L
Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2006 9:47:51 AM

Worden Trainer

When I plot your formula as a Custom Indicator with Plot using price scale checked and a Smoothing Average of 1, the resulting plot seems quite reasonable (and I've hand checked some of the results versus the pointer Data Box as well). Please provide some example symbols where the Custom Indicator does not appear to be working correctly so we can investigate the issue further. You may wish to review the following:

Plotting Custom Indicators with Examples

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
llilakos
Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2006 11:03:47 AM
How can I send you a screen shot of what I am referring to? A friend of mine said he was able to plot it correctly and after playing with the A L T M L letters that show up on the chart, I can finally get it to display as expected but I'm not sure why. What do the five letters to the bottom right of the top chart mean? They are not always present.
Doug_H
Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2006 12:02:56 PM

Worden Trainer

A = Arithmetic (Same dollar difference between grid lines)
L = Logarithmic (Same percentage difference between grid lines)

T,M,and L are custom scaling options:

T = Tight
M = Medium
L = Loose

- Doug
Teaching Online!