Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Having trouble figuring out how to exercise an in the money call option Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
AtlaStar
Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 11:05:24 AM

Title really says it all. Currently practicing with a paper account and the option expires in 4 days so I'd like to know how to actually exercise the option.

Bought 50 options with a strike price of 28.50 at 2.20 per share, and the stock is now sitting at around 33 dollars. Is it as simple as closing the option, or does that just put the option itself back on the market as an in the money option? Pretty new to trading and have been focused more on the techinical and fundamental analysis side of things to understand how options work on TC2000 software.

Also, does TC2000 automatically exercise in the money calls and puts at expiry out of curiousity?

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 12:32:12 PM

Worden Trainer

It is not currently possible to exercise the option. Closing the option will put the option back on the market as an in the money option.

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
AtlaStar
Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 12:53:41 PM

I assumed that since it wasn't mentioned anywhere on the help portion of the website, and that I couldn't figure out how to get the software to do it, that that was in fact the case.

Thanks for the verification.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 12:57:04 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles