Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

How to add my portfolio to TC2000 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
SRobbins1977
Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:01:31 AM

Please excuse the newbie question. I was using freestockcharts.com saw that TC2000 is bascially the same thing and decided I would slowly work my way into a pay-for and stand-alone portfolio management software(IE keeps crashing on FSC). I've managed to get TC2000 set up much like my freestockcharts.com view. There are two areas I need help wiith. 

First, I am having a hard time setting up my portfolio with out entering an order ticket. i'm trading on a different platform but it is a phone app, so I would like to track my performance on something with more capabilities with out an order. All I need to do is fill out the shares I am holding and what the average buy was after the trade went through. I'm having a hard time getting TC2000 to do this with out filing an order.

Second, freestockcharts.com has a very attractive Time line slider that includes an scaled down version of the stocks performance over time. So if I see something like a spike from a year ago that I want to study further, I can just slide over to it. Is there a way to get the time line slider for TC2000 to show this?

Thank you in advance.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:38:42 AM

Worden Trainer

You can't enter past trades or arbitrary values into the paper trading system in TC2000 v17. You have to actually enter a trade by placing an order and having it filled. It is designed more as a trading simulator than a portfolio management system in that regard.

You can add tracking columns to Personal WatchLists by selecting Add Column and typing "Tracking" without quotes in the Search box. That said, the list is fairly limited compared to what is available when paper trading.

Tracking %
Tracking Date
Tracking Gain/Loss
Tracking Net
Tracking Price
Tracking Shares

You can adjust the price shares and date of a symbol in a Personal WatchList by right-clicking on that symbol and selecting Edit Tracking Values for that symbol.

The mini-chart by the scroll bar is not available in TC2000 v17.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
SRobbins1977
Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 11:31:05 AM

Thank you Bruce. 

Where can I go to request addition of the mini-histo-chart? It found it incredibley useful.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 11:57:37 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles