Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Edge888
About
User Name: Edge888
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 25
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Check Box for multiple delete of Personal Watch List
Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2017 2:29:36 PM

Each evening I create several Personal Watch List in v16/v12.6 for review.  However, delting them the next day is a real pain.

Is it feasible to add a check box in front of each watch list name so that we may perform "bulk delete" in a few days after accumulating 10-20 obsolete watch lists?

For future enhancement consideration?  Thanks.

Topic: How to change hot key for a 9 Day Bar in 12.2?
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 12:20:02 PM

In Telechart 2007 the numeric key is assigned to 9 Day bar first and then toggled to Month, Quarter, etc.  That went away with the TC2000 12.2.  Can you bring that hot key back?  Or, can I change Key: 8 assignment to 9 Day instead?  Thanks.

Topic: How to? Stock Bandit 3/30/10 webinar Watch List Columns - Green, Yellow and Red Light
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 2:00:36 PM
Cool. It worked.  Thank you very much for your help.
Topic: How to? Stock Bandit 3/30/10 webinar Watch List Columns - Green, Yellow and Red Light
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 6:32:13 PM
Bruce:

Thank you for your explanation.  I guess this feature is available in SF4 only?  Any plan to include for SF5? 
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 4:30:31 AM
In his March 30 webinar, Jeff White showed his watch list contains three columns that one can click to select green, yellow and Red light that was a real neat trick.

He mentioned one of the Worden trainers showed him how to do this.  I have been search the Forum but could not find the material on how to set it up.  Can you help?  Thank you.

Topic: Real Code Indicator Help -- Market Thermometer
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:43:47 AM
Thank you...Will
Topic: Real Code Indicator Help -- Market Thermometer
Posted: Sunday, April 5, 2009 8:00:58 PM
Dr. Elder has a market termometer indicator that read like this:

Temperature =
the greater of either

(Today’s High – Yesterday’s High) OR
                    (Yesterday’s Low – Today’s Low)

It is always a positive number, reflecting the aboslute value of either the upward or the downward extension of yesterday's range, whichever is greater.  Plot temperature as a histogram above zero.

My attempt of a custom indicator in PCF looks like this:

((ABS(H-H1) >= ABS(L1-L))*-1)*(ABS(H-H1)) + ((ABS(L1-L) > ABS(H-H1))*-1)*(ABS(L1-L))

Does this look like a correct interpretation?

Also, can you help create a custom indicator in Real Code that I can call when needed?  Thank you for your help!/Will

Topic: DiNapoli Stochastics
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2008 10:48:13 AM

Understood.  Thank you very much for your help.

Posted: Friday, July 18, 2008 9:26:41 AM

Thanks, Bruce.
The shape is correct but the scaling seems to be a little off.  
If I am looking for a cross-over with XAVG(STOC5,3), will they be on the same scale or do I need to normalize them to 0-100 scale in the PCF?

Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:49:08 PM
I was able to create a custom indicator 

XAVG(STOC9.1,3) 
to replicate the SD line of the following Telechart function:

Select Chart Template | Add Indicator | Stochastics.
- Period: 9
- SK Period: 1
- SD Period: 3
- Average Type: Exponential

I then added a child indicator of "7 period simple moving average" to the custom indicator and get the line I wanted.

Can you help me write a PCF that will give me the "7 period SMA of the XAVG(STOC9.1,3)"?  

I have went through the various links on Stochastics but was unable to figue out the answer.  Thank you for your help.