Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: sagomez66
About
User Name: sagomez66
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 41
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: BB Squeeze
Posted: Wednesday, November 3, 2010 4:43:03 PM
This is great!  Much appreciated Art and Bruce!  This is what makes these forums so valuable!  I will definitely use this!
Posted: Tuesday, November 2, 2010 5:43:40 PM

Wanted to help anyone else if they read this.  To get this working for me because I use narrow BB's I added an additional set of BB's that use a SD of 3 and played around with the settings to where they worked for my BB's.  I just hid the BB's that I use this indicator for.  Working great now...

Thanks again Bruce!

Posted: Tuesday, November 2, 2010 5:24:42 PM
I also use a Std Dev of 1 period 30...so that mucks it up a bit...but I think I can get it to a point where I can scan...It's not for daytrading but swings...
Posted: Tuesday, November 2, 2010 5:23:09 PM
Ok...I see what happened.  I will have to play with the how many bars are true settings...

Thanks again Bruce.  Don't mean to be a pain!
Posted: Tuesday, November 2, 2010 4:57:42 PM

Ok...I set it at 1 percent and if I turn on True Markers it marks every bar.  Even in areas where the BB's are clearly diverging...  Doesn't make sense...  I'm expecting that at a 1% bandwidth, I should see markers where there are clear tight squeezes only...

Posted: Tuesday, November 2, 2010 4:47:25 PM
I didn't think so either but I assumed that is what I was getting...Thank you for the prompt reply.  Let me play around with what you provided.  Looks like what I was looking for...

Best!
Posted: Tuesday, November 2, 2010 4:35:13 PM
I've tried to use the condition selection dropdown to create a simple condition for a Bollinger Band Squeeze of less then 10% for example.  If I use .1 in the Less Than Settings box I get everything even negative percent changes of BB.  Is there someway to create a between.  Such as between 0 and 10%.  I've tried the and on a combo condition and that doesn't work...  Do I need to create some realcode for this?

Topic: Up Down Volume Indicator
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:28:31 AM
Great Bruce.  Thank you for the quick reply!
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:19:17 PM
I'm trying to create a simple Up Down Volume indicator for an index. 

I'd like it to start at zero for the start of the day and then simply Add the volume for the time period of the chart(5 min, 10 min whatever) to the current sum or subtract the volume from the current sum and plot the line. 

So for example - if it's 9:30 start at 0, at 9:45 if the price is above where it was at 9:30 and the volume was 100 shares then value would be 100, if at 10:00 the price is below where it was at 9:45 and the volume was 500 shares then the value would be -400

Here is the code I have so far:

Static Sum(1) As Single
If isFirstBar Then
    Sum(1) = 0
Else
    If Price.Last > Price.Last(1) Then
        Sum(1) = sum(1) + Volume.Value
    Else
        sum(1) = sum(1) - Volume.Value
    End If

End If

Plot = Sum(1)

Any help would be appreciated...
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 11:10:12 AM
Thanks Bruce.  I'll search again.  I do have an algorithm in mind and if I can't find something that I can learn from I will reply back.  Thanks as always for the prompt reply.