Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: walhei
About
User Name: walhei
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 13
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Ethical Debate
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:35:56 PM
 Just happened to see this question from Tobydad. 
Like others here have been eluding too. Winning and loosing is  relative. Most of us want to make money, but not all of us trade JUST to make money.  All of us must take responsibility for our own actions.  We are not forced to trade. We are not forced to make bad decisions.  We do this on our own.
   Just like our relationship with God, we are responsibil for our own decisions. Does not matter what our background is. Does not matter what our experiences are.
  I want to say I really admire most of the people on this site.  Now if I can just figure out how to make some money!
Topic: IRSN and OBCI -- Does Anyone Have An Opinion On These?
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 5:58:48 PM
Sorry, one more point! What about the Worden Bros.? Are all these technical indicators no good after all? Do we always have to pick the best companies to make money?
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 5:55:08 PM
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 5:53:39 PM
What HNC is saying is, lower priced stocks are not as stable,or trustworthy, as more expensive stocks. Usually the more expensive the stock the more cash flow,profits, and the less debt a company has. So it seems to me HNC is more on the fundamental side of trading and more long term oriented.
Another consideration is personality. I am not patient so I like to get in and out. Also I am not much on researching the fundamentals. OOPS I guess I am one of those HNC is talking about. Please excuse me. HNC I have lost money in the past. But I was trying to buy and hold. I seem to do better short term. I just can't get into all the research, hope you understand. Maybe some advice on what I can find quickly without reading all those financial statements?
Topic: DSS
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 10:32:52 AM
What the heck happened to DSS? Thought it was going to fly this morning. All indicators positive! What am I missing here? News?
Topic: AVNR
Posted: Saturday, November 4, 2006 9:54:48 PM
This is a really great post. Hope the more knowledgable traders don't mind sharing some of their systems once in a while. I can surmise then that somebody had fundamental information, or was this whole rise in the stock price pure specualtion? Why did the price plunge? Thanks
Topic: OMG -- Is the carnage over?
Posted: Saturday, November 4, 2006 9:17:37 PM
Just looked at the chart on OMG. Sell,sell,quick! Only going on what the chart says.
Topic: AVNR
Posted: Thursday, November 2, 2006 10:51:40 PM
I do not pretend to know a lot about stock trading but one thing I am doing my best to do is keep stop loss, always. We do not know what is going to happen tomorrow. We all know that but when we do well it is human nature to think it is going to happen again. All these stocks seem to be very speculative, some very thinly traded. Also watch stock moving up on less volumn. Double tops. This was quick and vicious, not much warning. Sorry if you took a hit on this. Stops for protection.
Topic: Charter-CHTR
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 11:44:41 PM
Thanks for the replies. Thanks especially for the fundamental analysis. Great info. laphill!
Topic: Charter-CHTR
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2006 10:23:54 PM
First post. Does anyone have information on CHTR? Had this for a year. Sold recently for profit but thinking of getting back in. Thanks.