Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: tlane
About
User Name: tlane
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 42
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: RSI Question
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 4:40:02 PM
Thank You  !
Topic: RSI2 Scan
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:35:18 PM
BARC1169  I would be interested in hearing more about how you are using the 11 ma  and the 5 ROC for timing your entries

Thanks...Terry
Topic: RSI2 Scan
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:30:53 PM
QUOTE (Barc1169)
I think there may be some confusion surrounding RSI vs. Wilder's RSI.  If you are referring to the 2 Day RSI that people are talking about as a change from the traditional 14 day RSI then what they are actually referring to is is Wilder's RSI. 

The simple way to do this is to create a PCF using the RSI in the formula builder.  RSI2.1 > 98 ( I use 98 because it has a better chance of being down 5 days later) I then create an Easy Scan using this formula as well as other criteria like Price Per Share > $5.00 and Volume 90 Day (value 3000+).  Using RSI2.1 > 98 returns tons of stocks simply because this formula is actually incorrect because without  Wilder's smoothing stocks tend to = RSI 100 all the time.  
   SO.... Once I have created my Easy Scan I then add an indicator to my chart ,  THe indicator is WIlder's RSI 2 day avg 1 with "Use Wilder's Smoothing" Checked.  I run my easy scan then I sort based on the Indicator Wilder's RSI (using Visual Value or Actual value) this will give you the sort values = to the RSI value.  Sorted from highest to lowest the top values should be the ones closer to the 95-99 range. 
    I also plot an 11 day moving average as a product of Wilder's and then a 5 day ROC as a product of the 11 day moving average this shows some interesting entry points.  Be careful with 2 Day RSI because I have been using it and it is awesome but it cost me because you need to enter at the right time and many a time RSI 2 can reach  95 and continue to inch up all the way to 99.99 over the next 5-7 days WHILE the stock moves up.  The 11 day MAVG and 5 day ROC show me the entry points. If you need more info here is my email address (email removed by moderator)

BARC1169  I would be interested in hearing more about how you are using the 11 ma  and the 5 ROC for timing your entries

Thanks...Terry

Topic: RSI Question
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:43:09 PM
I am trying to show a 2 period smoothed RSI..but in telechart settings it not only shows the period but also and avg..can anyone tell me what the setting on average would be to get the 2 period smoothed  RSI..

THanks
Topic: F Keys
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2009 7:47:59 PM
I seem to have lost the use of my F keys for bringing up my chart templates..have rebooted  to no avail..any thoughts

Thanks
Topic: Worden Report Dec 17
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2008 12:40:53 PM
Thanks !
Topic: Worden Report Dec 17
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:42:16 PM
Could you tell me how to bring up the component stocks of an index ? 

Thanks
Topic: PFC for rising weekly 13EMA
Posted: Sunday, November 9, 2008 3:55:33 PM

Can anyone help with a PCF to find stocks with a rising 13 week EMA 

Thanks

Topic: PCF for 26 week exp MA rising
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2008 3:57:44 PM
Thank You..greatly appreciated
Topic: PCF for 26 week exp MA rising
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2008 3:56:40 PM
Thanks ...Graetly appreciated