Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: dlukic
About
User Name: dlukic
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 14
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Trend lines on indicators
Posted: Tuesday, March 9, 2010 8:29:39 AM
Thanks Bruce
Topic: Trend lines on indicators
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 6:30:50 AM
Hi,

is there a way of drawing trend lines on indicators in the middle and bottom of the screen? I can obviously do it on the chart (top of screen) but the line drawer cancels out when I move my mouse to the indicators I am using (RSI, Stochastics and volume).

Many thanks

Dragan
Topic: Double tops and bottoms with reversal signals
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 8:14:29 AM
Ah ok. I suppose in that case the most beneficial way would be to create pcf's for reversal patterns and try spot a trende reversal or a channel bounce that way.

Thanks anyway Bruce.
Topic: Double tops and bottoms with reversal signals
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 8:41:39 AM
Hi,

I am trying to create 2 watchlists that only pick out stocks that have a double top and double bottom within the last 3 month period. However, I need the stocks to complete the following patterns today:

1 - Bearish engulfing pattern
2 - Bullish engulfing pattern
3 - Evening star
4 - Morning star

I presume I can create 2 watchlists. One that identifies double tops and one that identifies double bottoms - both within the last 3 months. Then I can create a pcf for each of the above reversal patterns (for today) and analyse them in this manner. Is this possible?

Many thanks

Dragan
Topic: Uptrend
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 1:27:53 PM
Thank you Bruce.
Topic: Uptrend
Posted: Tuesday, January 5, 2010 4:41:59 PM
Hi,

Is it possible to have an Easyscan for the following:

Stocks that have higher highs a minimum of 3 days, then pullback with 3 consecutive days with lower closes and then on the next  they they finish with a higher close than the 3rd (last) pullback day's open?

Thanks

Dragan
Topic: Basic course in Telechart
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 12:11:05 PM
Rpnash,

I'm still at a basic level of Telechart and believe me, I have taken a few hits on my profit. That is because I tried to keep up with all the books I read and courses I went on rather than identifiying what works best for me. You can't do it all at once! To start with, the trick is to chose one or two patterns or tactist that you are confident with and improve your knowledge on how to use Telechart in relation to those. Telechart trainers have helped me out in my chosen strategies and I am making a profit now with scans that pick out the best stocks according to my trading style.
There are always improvements to be made on every tactic but time will only tell how good they are working for you and I'm sure your advanced knowledge will come soon.
I don't want to sound like a teacher becasue I'm not but I just want to give you a boost of confidence!

Good luck!

Dragan
Topic: Stocks bouncing up and down from 20 and 40 DMA
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:37:19 PM
Bruce, you're a legend!

The results are exactly what I needed.

Thanks again for your help.

Dragan
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 1:26:57 PM
Great! Your formulas seem to be gathering some pleasing results. However, there are still a few stocks that pass my criteria which need to be eliminated.

What additional pcf's can I insert to find stocks with the same 2 criteria as above but only if:

a) 8DMA (exp) is above the 20DMA (exp) for the (L <= XAVGC20 AND XAVGC20 <= H AND C > C1)
b) 8DMA (exp) is below the 20DMA (exp) for the (L <= XAVGC20 AND XAVGC20 <= H AND C < C1)

Thanks Bruce!
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 8:46:29 AM
Ok, let me try to put it in the right context. How about this simple version first?

1. I need to see all stocks that have opened on the 20dma (exp) and closed above yesterday's close. I can view results via my own volume pcfs so don't worry about those.

I also require the opposite - All stocks that have opened on the 20DMA (exp) and closed below yesterday's close. Again, I have my own volume pcf I will use for viewing.

If you guys can help me wit this I will evaluate the results and come back with a more detailed explenations of an uptrend and down trend.

Thanks again

Dragan