Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

create scan condition in 12.4 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Kermitp
Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:45:36 PM

I have viewed the videos and while they are really good they have not answered my question.

In the new 12.4 one can now plot as indicators most of the fundamentals. So I have plotted the dividend yield as an indicator. I , then, created at 8% line (8/100 * 100) scaled with the dividend yield.

I'm trying to test for stock where the dividend yield stays above 8% for 250 bars

Now I want to create a scan condition that test for the dividend yield being above the 8% line for the last 250 bars.

Is this possible? I did this in stockfinder but had to write my own code.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 4:46:53 PM

Worden Trainer

I suspect the best way to do this would be to add Donchian Channels to the Dividend Yield indicator on the chart.

You would want to set the Period of the Donchian Channels to 250 an the Offset to 0. The rest of the settings shouldn't matter.

Then click on the Donchian Channels and select Create Scan Condition to create a condition for Chan Bottom - Greater Than 8.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles