Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Emailing and printing watch lists. Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
CLEARBABU
Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 12:21:56 PM

How can I email  and print the graphs and watch lists?

Thanks.

Cearbabu.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:16:54 PM

Worden Trainer

If you select More | Old Items | TCMail | Send Message in TC2000 version 12.3, you can choose Add under Attachments to include a Chart, EasyScan or Workspace. So anything that is part of a Workspace can be sent from your account to another user of TC2000 using this method.

You can also attach Charts, WatchLists, EasyScans and Workspaces to shared notes to allow other TC2000 users to use them.

If you are both on TC2000 Platinum you can exchange WS, Chart, WL or Scan via private message or in a chat room. When you click on a person's name in your contacts, you get a "chat" window...click to enter text and you'll see the attach button appear at the bottom.

You can select Save Image of Chart (an icon that looks like a camera at the top of the chart) to save the chart so you can attach it to an email in your email program of choice, but there is no built in way to use generalized email to send Charts, WatchLists, EasyScans and Workspaces to other people without TC2000.

There is no built in way to print a WatchList or EasyScan in TC2000 version 12.3. You can print a chart by right-clicking on the chart and selecting Print Chart (Shift-P), but that will only print the chart. It will not print the WatchList.

About the only thing I can suggest would be to use the Print Screen key on the keyboard to do a screen capture to the Windows clipboard. Then you could paste the image into some graphics software and print from there. But all of the symbols and WatchList columns of interest would need to be visible on the screen and the results would be based on the screen and would probably be a bit fuzzy compared to what you could normaly print.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Kermitp
Posted : Friday, October 4, 2013 12:06:19 PM

It appears I cannot send an email to anyone other than another TC2000 user. I tried to send to my actual email address and it say no email found. If it is really email we should be able to send to real email addresses. Otherwise, it is pretty useless for me. Not all my users are on TC2000 but I am working hard to convince them of its value. Hard to do when I can't send a simple chart to them. What I really want is to be able to send items to my email address so they can be included in my newsletters. It would be a whole lot better than cut/paste.

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, October 4, 2013 12:16:27 PM

Worden Trainer

TCMail is not a generalized email program. I was pretty specific about pointing this out in my original reply. About the only thing you can do if you need to use regular email would be to Save Image of Chart and then attach the file in your normal email program.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
jody0327
Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2016 10:15:49 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Bruce

The inability to print a Watchlist or the results of a EasyScan is a major deficiencey in TC2000.  I am a new user and really like many of the features of this pogram. Can you please tell me what is the thinkng at Worden that the capability to print anything but a chart has nevr been addressed?

Thank!

Jody

P.S. I just gave upon the Candlestick scans.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:54:58 PM

Worden Trainer

I don't think it is a conscious decision to not allow the printing of WatchLists. It is just a feature that hasn't made it into the program since it can be worked around by copying and pasting the symbols to a word processor or text editor and printing from there.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2016 12:25:53 PM

Worden Trainer

Are you using Internet Explorer or Edge when copying formulas from the forums into TC2000? If so, try copying and pasting the formula into Notepad and then copying and pasting the formula from Notepad into TC2000 instead of copying and pasting directly from the forums into TC2000.

Another option would be to use Chrome instead.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles