Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Making tweezers tops and bottoms Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Rasean827
Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:21:31 PM
Although this is listed there is not two tweezers with the same lower wicks on bottoms (lows) or same upper wicks on tops (highs)
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 9:41:40 AM

Worden Trainer

I'm decidedly not a candlestick guy. If you only requirements are consecutive identical Lows for a Tweezer Bottom:

If Price.Low = Price.Low(1) Then Pass

Or consecutive identical Highs for a Tweezer Top:

If Price.High = Price.High(1) Then Pass

Then you could use the above Rules. If you have additional requirements I would need you to provide an unambiguous definition of what you see as a Tweeezer Top and Tweezer Bottom (the internet has widely varied and in many cases conflicting additional requirements).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Rasean827
Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 11:00:24 AM
Is there any way you can give me a code where the highs closely match and say with the bottoms regarless of the actual body size
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:26:01 PM

Worden Trainer

I think I'm misunderstanding your most recent post as the RealCode Rules given in my Wednesday, January 27, 2010 9:41:40 AM ET post already ignore the body size and your original Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:21:31 PM ET post's complaint about the Bearish Tweezer Top and Bullish Tweezer Bottom Rules that are already in the Web Library was that they didn't require exactly matching Highs or Lows.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Rasean827
Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:32:58 PM
in terms of the bottom can i have them where they are very close not exactly equal also can I play with the lengths of the wicks that show up
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:47:50 PM

Worden Trainer

An example that would allow you to set the percent difference between the Lows would be:

'# Percent = UserInput.Single = 1
If Price.MaxLow(2) / Price.MinLow(2) <= 1 + Percent / 100 Then Pass

While an example that would allow you to set the net difference between the Lows would be:

'# Difference = UserInput.Single = 1
If Price.MaxLow(2) - Price.MinLow(2) <= Difference Then Pass

It should probably be noted that both 1% and $1 would probably be considered rather large for this purpose and you will probably want to adjust the settings of the Rule once it is created.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Rasean827
Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:55:41 PM
can i put decimals for the difference (.02 .03)
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:57:50 PM

Worden Trainer

You can once you have created the RealCode by Editing the Rule (and I think you can just use the decimals all by themselves in the SF5 beta), but in StockFinder 4 (the current production release) there is a bug where it will not translate the decimal from the UserInput line in your RealCode into the actual UserInput being used by the RealCode (so you would have to change it anyway).

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles