Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Moving Average Convergance / List Ranking Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
pardobrown
Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2010 10:09:03 PM

I apologize for another moving average PCF question but I just can't get this one right in my head to write the PCF. I am looking to write a PCF to find stocks where the simple 3, 5, 8, 10, 12 and 15 day moving averages are as close together as possible. I would like to have a list of stocks and rank them in order of how close these moving averages are together so that the first stock int he list has them all very close and the last may have them far apart.

I have tried differnt variables of the following, and it gives me the results sometimes, but I'm still not on the right track. Help?

V1 >= 1000 AND C1 >= 2 AND AVGC3 >= AVGC5 AND AVGC5 >= AVGC8 AND AVGC8 <= AVGC10 AND AVGC10 <= AVGC12 AND AVGC12 <= AVGC15 AND AVGC15 >= AVGC30 AND AVGC30 >= AVGC35 AND AVGC35 >= AVGC40 AND AVGC40 >= AVGC45 AND AVGC45 >= AVGC50 AND AVGC50 >= AVGC60

Don't get to hung up on that, it is probably best that I start over with some advice.

Thanks,

diceman
Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2010 11:45:43 PM

Try sorting by the equation listed in my January 18, 2007 10:29:27 post.
(there is also an explanation of the logic behind it)

It can be found in this post:

A simple profitable method for the newbie, or not so newbie

Thanks
diceman

pardobrown
Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:52:01 PM
Yes, you read my mind. That is the post that started me out and then I could not find it again to try the PCF's listed. I actually thought about writing a post that said "I saw this post one time....." Thanks for the link and the original post. I have been using the ma's manually and found them to be very helpful looking for buy points. 

Have you done anymore research since on similar type ideas to find buy points? I've been impressed with your first one and would be interested in any of your trading tactics you would share.

Thanks,