Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

New Brokerage suggestions? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Linebacker
Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:53:50 PM
Getting ready to move to a new broker.  Any suggestions?

Thnx.
fpetry
Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2009 4:22:19 PM
I'm a broken record on this board with MB Trading.  Been with them about 4 or 5 years now and swear by them stronger each day.  Superb  personal customer service, direct access (FAST),  very reliable, integrates with QuoteTracker, imports to Gainskeeper.  Trades are $1 per 100 shares up to 500 shares, then only an extra .50 for each 100 shares over 500, i.e. $3/300 shares, $7.50/1000 shares.  For those who tend to make regular multi-thousand share trades they have another plan for that, about $5/trade regardless of lot size.  Barrons a couple years ago rated MB as the fastest and most reliable of online brokers.  Best decision I ever made was ditching Etrade and Ameritrade for MB, though I still have Ameritrade as a backup account as no broker is perfect.  In the years of using MB I've had only one major glitch when the service was down for about an hour.

I've heard good things about Think or Swim (did Ameritrade buy them out?), Options Express, and Interactive Brokers.
funnymony
Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2009 9:55:44 PM

scottrade

mb trading

interactive brokers.
fpetry
Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 7:47:29 AM

I wasn't accurate with the commission charges now in effect at MB Trading.   The $1 per 100 share fee is no longer available for new customers; only two plans now available, both $4.95, one geared for frequent traders and institutions, the other for the average trader with different routing, details at the site.  Lucky for me that I and others who originally signed on for the $1/100 shares remains in effect.  Would still stay with MB even with the new plans becasue of all the other positive traits.

diceman
Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 11:21:34 AM
While this is an old post. I'm sure the facts haven't changed too much.
It will at least give you something to work with:

Thanks
diceman

wse
Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 10:42:44 PM
i suggest using a direct access broker like mb trading or tradestation.. i made a post online a long time ago about why, if i find it ill post it up here