Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TCnet vs. e-signal Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
jpag1
Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 6:01:16 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Anyone have an opinion on using TCnet or e-signal?
jimstacy
Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:15:33 AM
they are greedy, yrs ago, I took a 30 day trial after 15 days, signed for a yr, they sent a bill for the 15 days of the trial, only after canceling the yr they offer to reenstate the trial offer. absolute greed.
allenbary
Posted : Friday, October 31, 2008 11:42:47 PM

cost to much, 130 or so for charts only another 40 or so a month for a scaning add on,  want market news it will cost you more.

AskChuck
Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 12:00:41 AM

I am don't mean to put anything down or anything like that, BUT...
TCNET is not a trading plataform - it just doesn't have the tools and capabilities.
For example not before and after market activity on the charts, not level III, no TOS window, the matrix is a night mare unless you just keep symbol name and a couple other things in there.
ON the other hand is a find exploration tool, althought for exploration I would choose the regular Gold package.  I never really saw happen for TC NET as a daytrading tool - just my opinion.

E-signal, as well as TradeStation, and Cybertrading are full fledge daytrading stations.
E-signal is pricey (not brokerage account based), but good quality. TradeStation and Cybertrading can get you substantial discounts if you open an account from them.  All of those have the tools and capabilities a serious daytrader would consider.

Just my opinion - I am not saying that you cannot daytrade with TCNET - but that you would be somewhat at a disadvantage.

survivor
Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:47:20 PM

I looked at TradeStation's presentation overview this morning.  Pretty impressive, but also intimidating.

Don't they charge $60/mo for their trading platform, plus trading fees, plus a lot of other add-ons?

The system can be so automated you can get yourself into deep doo-doo pretty quick I bet.

Seems like a great platform if you like trading a lot per day.  Bet you can net $500/day and also spend the same amount in transaction fees.  lol.  Don't think that's where I want to go.

I like Telechart...easy to program and on one of my other monitors I have the realtime trading platform I use.  Works for me.