Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

NPO stock buy back Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
tobydad
Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 11:52:56 PM

Might be worth watching this one.  Quite a vol, OBV and TSV leap today.  Could be the $50M buy back program instituted (there are certainly enough people happy to unload some stocks right now).  But if they're buying back their own stock right now while the market is down, they must know something (or have financial problems that they are wanting to hide).  

Either way, probably worth watching NPO. 
sacron11
Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2008 9:25:28 AM
tobydad you trade like apsll, is NPO a stock that he would like. how did you find this stock
tobydad
Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2008 11:34:51 AM

apsll and I used to compare notes frequently and, yes, have very similar styles and tastes in the market.  

I came across NPO with a volume surge PCF.  On most of my scans, I sort the list by the LR30 tilted down on the right hand side.  NPO would not have caught my attention (as it was below the LR30 and I rarely trade a stock long until it has LR30 support) but the TSV and volume blasting through the roof couldn't be missed.  

It's looking pretty good right now.  Be on guard though, wish there was more volume on this present leg up.  One more spurt on high volume and getting too far away from the UBB20 might be a good sign to hop off if you're riding this one right now.