Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

If you still like going long in this market... Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
tobydad
Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:18:05 AM

Here is a pcf I use in an easyscan I call Rolling Stone (ever seen a stone rolling down a hill?)  This easyscan helps catch the little 3 - 10% bounces stocks tend to take when they are in a bear market.  They sort of bounce like a stone rolling down a hill.

C20 < C30 AND C15 < C20 AND C10 < C15 AND C5 < C10 AND L >= L1 * .95 AND L1 >= L2 * .95 AND L2 >= L3 * .95 AND C >= O

I put this pcf in an easyscan, add a 5 day volume of 500k, add the pre-built Worden formula for Stochastics Crossing up thru 20, and add Volume Surge Today, List Rank 50%.  

I came up with 11 candidates today.  

Use the "tobydad profile"  (someone else's name for it).  

Be sure to look for upper resistance trendlines, good support from LR30 and the LBB20 curling back up under price for support.  

You may also want to search the archives for my Against the Grain scan, good for very short term (1 or 2 day) pops in price.  

Finally, in what appears to be the coming dark days of winter for the markets, be sure to not be greedy, remember, gravity is in control in a big way right now (read that as "the direction is DOWN").  

Hope this helps,
tobydad