Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

swim - -picture perfect strength for short term Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
scottnlena
Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 7:20:08 PM

this one looks pretty good to me, coments?
scottnlena
Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:26:30 PM

I'd be looking for a pullback to about $14.20 or so.
Alexandria
Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:48:46 PM
I think a little too late so.  In my book this pick would had been a long back in 9/17/07 - now is about 2 month after the fact.  But not just that - stochastics are at oversold in the daily as well as the 3 day, and almost at the 13 day frame.  IF the 13 day frame takes on oversold before the retracement occurs your 14.20 or so I am afraid will run much lower than that.
Zoom out a bit and I wouldn't touch this  long term at anything above 17.5.  Break the 10 level and you know where it will go.

Take care.
diceman
Posted : Friday, November 16, 2007 12:58:08 AM
I gave you guys a big heads up on this here:

No one ever believes what is in front of there
eyes.

Will late 2008 yield more fruit?
Time will tell.

(but at least keep your eyes open)
(and your mind)

Thanks
diceman
scottnlena
Posted : Friday, November 16, 2007 3:15:12 AM

"I gave you guys a big heads up on this here:"

Yea ... I know .. i think I at one point even had an on screen note to the effect.  TC is closed now so I cant tell check.  I for various reasons have skiped perfectly good trades on this twice now... either at the time I didn't like something about volume or something else looked better on the day of entry.  however it's looking like it possibly bottomed.  

I was fairly bullish on this, TRAD and some of the brokerages .. just seems like most of them are reporting higher and higher trde volume.  Student enrolment etc etc.    I have been watchign NYX and NDAQ as well.. Missed NDAQ becasue I stopped checking on  it and foud it again later after it had shot out of the gate.... so I started following NYX .  Called the move and sat dumbfounded as it moved with out me in it ... further than I ever thought it would in one run... and I prefer not to chase stocks.  However with so many of them getting their fingers tangled up in the subprime blades I don't know now.

I think well see NYX higher later next year... so this slide in price is a good thing for now.

SWIM as I last checked is fundamentaly soundish prior to this move.  From memory this looks bottomish so I keep it on a watchlist.