Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Are the Qs about to turn? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
farch
Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2007 9:05:16 AM
I'm looking at a 5-month daily chart of the Qs (QQQQ). In the top section I've got a candlestick price chart overlain with moneystream. Note the divergence between price and moneystream since mid-May. In the middle section I've got balance-of-power: solid red for the last 3 weeks.

Sure looks ominous to me. Also, could that be a doji evening star forming on Friday, 6/15? We'll have to wait until Monday to find out I guess.
Aslan007
Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2007 3:04:54 AM
Yes, farch that is a doji star. Most likely the Qs will be down on Monday according to this candle. If it is a down day the candle could merge into an abandoned baby.

Aslan007
farch
Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2007 8:02:12 AM
If the Qs gap lower on opening on Monday and remain lower, then it could become an evening doji star or an abandoned baby as Asian007 says. If that happens, a significant reversal could be in the offing, especially if Monday is a long down day. It should be interesting.
scottnlena
Posted : Monday, June 18, 2007 9:26:59 AM

Well spotted. I was curious about this formation myself and was about to post a remark.

However could it not be some sort of running or exaustion gap... Large rally in China last night seems to have futures higher this morning. Also Becareful how much stock you put into divergences... they can go on for months, years.
farch
Posted : Monday, June 18, 2007 8:40:13 PM
I checked John Murphy's book. I guess it could be a runaway or an exhaustion gap. Time will tell. If it's an exhaustion gap, the top may be near.

The Qs formed a tweezer top today: Highs of 6/15 and 6/18 equal. Also closed at a 6-year high. Look out below? I don't know. Qs down in after-hour trading.