Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Does anyone know how to get numeric values for -DI, +DI and ADX? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
JJDaTrader
Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2007 9:42:39 PM
I need some way of determining the numeric value of +DI,-DI and ADX at any given point. It would be nice to apply something in TC2000 or Blocks that could return those values. Just working with <>= does not apply as much as "When a,b and c = x,y and z after a-1,b-1 and c-1 where that do THIS".

The syntax is not correct in that statement but you get the idea. This way I feel I could more precisely control the search results.

Any ideas?

Thanks

J.

diceman
Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2007 10:08:12 PM
You may be interested in this:

Sorting by the ADX indicator

Average Directional Index (ADX)

+DMI CROSSING OVER ABOVE -DMI, WITH ADX BREAKING OUT ABOVE 25

WILDER'S +-DMI & ADX

Thanks
diceman
JJDaTrader
Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2007 2:07:17 AM
Thanks for the post.

The two videos were good. Some of which I already knew. It was nice to here it explained so clearly.

Still need numerical values for DI+/DI- and ADX. But I need to be able to move back in time an find out what the values were at any given moment.

Again thanks for the reply.

JJ
jojo7
Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:33:25 AM
To JJ
You need the “TABLE” tool.
Click on FILE / Create New Tool window.
From “Select Tool” scroll down, click on “TABLE” and “OK”. Using a table you can show the numerical value of any plot at any date. To make more columns right click outside the table but just to the right of the “VALUE” heading. Click ADD / Numeric column.
Next we need to get the numbers in the table. Right click on the “VALUE” heading and click on properties. This will give you a Block diagram (a very simple one) for the Numeric Column. Click on the input arrow to the “Large Green Arrow” labelled “Column”. Whilst holding down the mouse drag your input arrow up to any of the green coloured headings of the charts such as “Price History”, “Volume Bars”, or in your case, “ADX” or “DI”. This will determine what variable will be shown in the column. While in properties, over on the right you can modify “Cell Format” to adjust the decimal places. The name in the “Header Text” can also be changed.
To scroll back in time you need to attach the “Date Pointer” to the “Date” column. I’ll suggest a method but you may need further research.
Right click on “Date” ( the heading to the Date column) and click on properties. You probably wont see any diagram but if look towards the bottom right you should see a thick blue highlighted line thru “Table Numeric Column”. Click above this on the line that says “Table” only. In the diagram, click on the input to the “Scroll Date”. Hold down the mouse and move up to the charts area and attach to the bottom of the “Date Pointer”.
JJDaTrader
Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2007 1:12:18 PM
Thank you Robert Reed, that is perfect. You should be a trainer.

Great Job.

JJ