Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TRMM (Page II) Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Apsll
Posted : Monday, February 26, 2007 11:38:15 AM

This is better than having to scroll down to the bottom of the other thread and clicking on page two...

Yes I am still bullish on this stock and I will buy back in at the bottom of the current pullback..
scottnlena
Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2007 11:51:29 PM

notice how little effected it was by yesterdays activity!
Apsll
Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2007 7:15:34 AM

Bargain price right now.. My buy in will be based on Market action over the next couple of days..

The closing price of 2/09/07 seems to be where this negitive action has decided to draw the line.. I am planning to buy at $2.83..

I am still in COGT and CRGN

Apsll
Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:58:34 AM

Decided to buy TRMM at $2.92, it is at the bottom of the 20 day bolinger band and stochastics is crossing up from the bottom regions.. It also looks prime on the intraday settings...

Apsll
Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2007 10:20:52 AM

Bought some more shares at $2.83

Money Stream is holding steady so I will also...
gst1980
Posted : Monday, March 12, 2007 10:10:28 AM
APSLL, TRMM seems to be floundering. I'm in, but wondering how long to wait. Can you tell me your exit strategy for lack of movement on a particular stock like this?

Thanks!

Steve
Apsll
Posted : Monday, March 12, 2007 10:39:56 AM

What price did you enter at? How many shares? That information is important in order for me to give you any advice.

Right now price is sitting right on top of a strong support level created in August 2006, Put a hidden stop loss right under that level at $3.70

None of my indicators are showing any signs of floundering

To answer your question my exit strategy would be my stop loss.

Friendly advice: If I am in a stock and I do not feel confident in the pending results then I exit quickly and find a more favorable situation.

I do not want to tell you to hold or sell as that would not be fair to you.

Good luck..

Apsll...
sharkattak
Posted : Monday, March 12, 2007 10:38:35 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Aspll, do you always use hidden stops? I've never used them, but it sure would make sense. Now that I think about it, is there any time a person should NOT use hidden rather than visible stops? Thanks.
Apsll
Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2007 7:09:35 AM

If I am to use a stop loss, then hidden is the only way to go. Market makers (believe it or not) have access to this information from the brokerage houses... With E-Trade when you use conditional orders (such as a hidden stop loss) they are not reported to outside sources..

I do not always use stops by the way, It all depends on the situation... I can monitor my holdings and the markets all day long..
sharkattak
Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2007 7:23:08 PM

QUOTE (apsll)
Market makers (believe it or not) have access to this information from the brokerage houses..
I am SHOCKED to hear this! SHOCKED! Market makers would USE this information against the hapless trader?! I'd heard about hidden stops, but somehow actually thought Market Makers would only go after (I'm ashamed to admit I somehow actually thought this)....I don't know....OTHER people's money, not my poor piddly little stop. I appreciate your pointing out that there's a reason for hidden stops, namely preservation of capital and just plain looking out for yourself. If you don't protect yourself in as many ways as possible in this game, game out. Thanks for the education!
scottnlena
Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2007 11:33:12 PM

What is a hidden stop?? I use Interactive brokers and the OSO systems. does this protect me? also I have been told that market makers don't care about my piddly 300 share order when they can nail bigger fish... 2-3000 orders. Though APSLL I think you trade that volume.... my capital base will not allow it yet.
sharkattak
Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:40:02 AM

Per ETrade: "A hidden stop order is a fixed stop order held at E*TRADE Securities. The order is sent to the market center only upon being triggered, at which time it becomes a market order and is executed at the prevailing market price."