Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Golfman25
About
User Name: Golfman25
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 264
[0.09% of all post / 0.04 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Futures Data Request from 2012?
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 8:16:18 PM

They have been thinking about this for more years than I can count.  Don't hold your breath.  

Topic: What's New?
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 10:12:57 PM

Hello all.  Back here after several years out of the game focusing on regular business and raising kids.  Was a platnum member with real time and chat and stuff.  Looking to pick back up.  Looks a lot different these days -- brokerage, no chat, etc.  So tell me whats new with TC2000 -- the good, the bad, and the ugly?   Thanks in advance.  

Topic: Telechart 12 -- sync between two computers?
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:32:28 AM
I hear you Putt.  But it does'nt appear to work that way.  I am not seeing the changes made being crossed over from one computer to another.  But I am not sure I am doing it right. 
Topic: Telechart 12 -- sync between two computers?
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 11:15:17 PM
Is there a way to sync version 12 between to computers -- ie; home and office?  I spent a lot of time at home creating workspaces, watchlists, etc. and would like to have them at work. 
Topic: Question for "Free" training class attendees
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 1:19:40 PM
I have been a user for several years.  Been to free training a few times.  This is the first I see they are offering the afternoon session for $49.  They normally offer discounted data at their training as well (not sure if they do now). 

Their past training was pretty good.  It is basically a good overview of the software.  Goes into a lot of different areas.  They work thru many examples.  It is a live "How To."  Free is a good deal.  $49 bucks isn't bad either (they have to pay for the facility somehow).  What you WON"T get is a holly grail, magic stock picking system that will make you a multi-millionare in 3 weeks.  

So it really depends on what you are looking for.  Do you know your way arround the software?  Do you have the time to put into learning the ins and outs?  Do the online forums, videos, etc. help you?  Or are you a person who learns in more of a class room setting?  Are you looking for trading/investing concepts?  Or how to work with the software?    Good luck. 
Topic: taking profits
Posted: Saturday, January 8, 2011 8:29:04 AM
You really need your profit taking objectives laid out before you get into the trade.  Your objective will depend upon your purspose and style.  For example, if you a scalper you're looking for quick profits -- pennies and nickles.  If you're a swing trader, you hold on for a little more, maybe scalling out.  Trend traders hold on for as long as the trend lasts.  Investors hold on "foreever."  We really can't answer your question because we don't know what your doing and why?  

With that said, seems like your into the low priced issues.  If it where me I playing those issues I would be looking for quick profits (ie; less than a week scalps)  due to the volatility.  Good luck. 
Topic: formula
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 10:44:41 PM
Yes.  Rule 1:  Buy Low.  Rule 2: Sell High.  Good luck. 
Topic: Question to Telechart Users
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 5:57:20 PM

I tried stockfinder with my last renewal.  Unfortunately, I have no idea what Worden is doing with their products.  Stock finder was interesting and seemed powerful, BUT it lacks the best parts of TC.  I have no idea why they don't inlcude notes in Stockfinder -- That is such an inportant part of TC and user after user has mentioned the lack of notes as a concern.  I use notes and thus Stockfinder is virtually worthless to me.  I thougth the backtesting would be helpful, but it is woefully inadequate.  Now they have version 5 comming out.  If it was me, I would add the best parts of TC -- notes, chat, worden comenary, BOP, etc -- to stockfinder thereby unifying the products. 

To answer your question, I would just got with TC utill they merge the programs, if ever.  Unless, you are a techinical analysis junkie and could use the "power" of stockfinder.  Good luck. 

Topic: option trading
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 10:45:31 PM
Simple.  Look or scan for stocks in an uptrend and/or down trend.  When the stock retraces to its 20 or 50 day simple moving average and does a candlestick reversal (ie; bull/bear engulfing, hammer/shooting star), buy the requisite call or put.  Sell in a few days for a profit.  Good luck.   
Topic: Mini ES Brokerage Questions
Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2009 10:28:53 PM
IB is the way to go if you have any experience trading.  It is not for newbies as they don't have great hand holding customer service.  Cheap commissions, good executions, what more can you ask for?  

As for cancellation fees, in most cases they do not apply.  I have never had a cancellation fee.  You may need to clarify their policy depending upon what you are trading.  Bust fees are for broken trades.  Probably not likely with thier electronic platform -- I've never seen one.  I don't think you'll have any issues with ES.  Good luck.