Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: ronate12
About
User Name: ronate12
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 11
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: creating a chart layout with a set of vertical lines
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:39:51 PM

If I have a series of dates and want to see how items in a watchlist perform visually by having vertical line at specified dates  is that possible to save the layout to see scanned results on the layout against the days and be able to call the layout with particular vertical lines placement in the future?

I want to look at particular days of a week or month and see if there is a change of trend for the stocks in a particular watchlist to scroll through.  Would like to have various colors for particular dates also.

Topic: up/down volume ratio at IBD
Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2018 12:26:56 AM

I will take your advice.  I have what I was looking for.

Thanks again

Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 2:45:07 AM

Thanks for the Quick response.  I tried to place a Horizontal line at 1 using the drawing instrument and made the hoizontal line value 1 and then default.  Now when I pick the hoiziontal drawing tool nothing is drawn but I can edit it and erase it.  Don't know what I did but now I can't draw any hoizontal lines.  How do I remove the default and can the Indicator be modified to draw a hoizontal line at 1 since that is the signal value?

Thanks again

Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 9:46:12 AM

Can the IBD 50 day up/down volume ratio be plotted in SF5?

Topic: Indicator coding and question related to values on charts
Posted: Thursday, August 3, 2017 10:49:45 AM

Thanks.  That's the picture exactly.  There's nothing new under the sun :)

You the Man

Ron

Topic: Indicator coding and question related to values on charts
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 2:41:07 PM

Hi Bruce,  I received an email with this GREAT indicator allegedly.  Want to test it's validity.  They gave the code for the two plots with buy and sell signal being the crossover of the indicators.

Green = [ 100-(number of periods since 100-Day High) / 100] x100

Red = [100-(number of periods since 100-Day Low) /100] x100

this  100 periods at the beginning of the formula is the  adjustable units of time.  It coulf be adjusted  to what ever 50 I guess but in the example it is 100.

the second part I believe is the # of periods from the HH in the 100 day period.

Both Indicator is plotted in 1 window and because it's percentage the scale would be the same.  On then can see when the Red cross the Green  going up or vice-versa green crossing the red.

I have a picture of the plot I snipped but I don't know how to make it a part of the message or how to attach it

How does one place the value of the indicator in a particular position on the chart.  Currently  I have an indicator that has moving averages.  How do we write their value in the area above the chart where the titles of the plots are?

Topic: Help with RealCode
Posted: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 4:19:03 AM

Thanks a lot.  It's a lot more difficult than I imagine but I think I get the gist.

with v3sum += vc3(0)  vs vc2sum -= vc2(3)  the sign in front of the equal sign and does the (#) represent array locations?  vc3.insert (0,.2)  places .2 into the 0 location? 

you used a Math.Max (.2,.....

If I wanted to say if the value is in a range,

V3=IF(VC/(VC1+VC2),<,.2,.2,IF (VC/(C1+VC2),>.8,.8,VC1/(VC1+VC2)))

is there another Math Function like Math.Max?  what about nested if statement like above. What would it look like?

Sometimes used  Dim,  is there rule or rational when to use it.  You Dim VS and VC1 but not VC2.

lastly Plot= Single.NaN at the begining  vs the solved VS which you plot at the end. What does Plot=single.NaN do.

Trying to learn  

Thanks again

Topic: Help with RealCode
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2014 8:25:14 PM

Hi, I want to know or understand how to use variables within a realcode formula for creating custom indicators which uses conditional statements combined to result in an indicator that can be ploted. Metastock has some formulas that take chuncks of data such as sum( c,4) which take 4 days of close and add them together to get a sum of the c(-3)+C(-2)+C(-1)+C but it can also be used with indicators like sum(ATR,5)/4 total of last 5 days ATR /4 My logic for the indicator was this RM = if(H-L),=,0,.001,(H-L) &#39;Checks to see if range of high-low =0, if so make it .001 else make it the value of high - low. no 0 ranges for math functions to deal with next up range= ((C-L)/RM) dn range= ((H-C)/RM) uptick1= if (c(-1),>,C,(IF(H,>=,C(-1),((H-C(-1)+(C-L))/.5,0)),0) uptick2= if (c(-1),<,C,(IF(L,>,C(-1),((H-C(-1))/.5,0)),0) dntick1= if (c(-1),<,C,(IF(L,<=,C(-1),((C(-1)-L)+(H-C))/.5,0)),0) dntick2= if (c(-1),>,C,(IF(H,<,C(-1),((C(-1)-L))/.5,0)),0) VC1=uptick1 + uptick2 VC2=dntick1 + dntick2 VC3= IF(VC1/(VC1+VC2)),<,.2,.2,VC1/(VC1+VC2) &#39;if uptick <.2 make it .2 or return the value Plot VS VS=sum(VC2,4)/sum(VC3,4) &#39;VS=4 day sum of VC2/4 day sum of V3 last but not least how do you program OBV from scratch. Metastock has a formula called cum which keeps a running total of in this case volume. can custom indicators be turned into blocks and called like other blocks? Thanks in advance

Topic: Historical Scanning
Posted: Monday, November 4, 2013 3:10:36 PM

I have TC2000 v7, v12 and Stockfinder.  I&#39;ve written scans that work well but want to see what it would have chosen say 90days or 81 days ago.  Is there a simple way to scan the past or historical data for the results.  What if I change the date of the computer can I get the program fooled?  Thanks

Topic: P&F Chart Question
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2010 4:36:56 PM

How is the chart decisions for display determined ie What constitute colums of X's and What makes an X become a colum of O's.

Ronate