Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: takacsj
About
User Name: takacsj
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Past long-term user coming back
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 9:25:04 PM

I'm looking to get back to using TC in my software toolkit, and see something a little different with the "Select Data" extra step.  Back in the day, one just paid a monthly fee for the software and end-of-day data.  What is the equivalent of that now? I have real-time data from other providers and have no need or desire to trade stocks real-time.  When it comes to stocks and TC I just need EOD, like it used to be.  Anyone with insight, please advise.  Thanks in advance!

Topic: Real Code Help
Posted: Saturday, September 6, 2008 7:20:34 PM
Any ideas on above?

Is it better to create a new thread?
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2008 1:24:26 AM
OK, what I would like to do is the following.

In the price chart see:

1)  A 3 year pivot.  This 3 year pivot would be going back 3 years from 31 Dec 2007.
2)  A 3 quarter pivot.  This pivot would be for 3 quarters, going back from 30 June 2008.
3) A 3 month pivot.  This pivot would be for 3 months going back from 31 Aug 2008.
4)  A 3 week pivot.  This pivot would be for 3 weeks, going back from any previous Friday.

Any quick start ideas.
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2008 1:12:31 AM
QUOTE (Kuf)
Here is your pivot point code. It requires build 58 (to be released this week) that has the new Me.CurrentDate property.

Static PP As Single = 0
Dim currDate As Date = Me.CurrentDate
Dim newPP As Single = 0

If currdate.DayOfWeek = System.DayOfWeek.Friday Then
    plot = pp
    pp = (price.high + price.low + price.close)/3   
Else
    plot = pp
End If

I'm a newbie when it comes to Blocks code, however I do have several years of Java and a few years of Python programming under my belt.  I can't see where your code knows that PP is the prior week's (H+L+C)/3.
Topic: dj-30 NEEDS TO HOLD THIS LEVEL IN ORDER TO CONTINUE HIGHER.. IF NOT LOOK OUT!
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2007 9:19:37 PM
Signaltap,

1)  Could you post your template settings for the chart in the post dated:  Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:32:03 PM?

2)  You've been on quite a roll for a long time now.  What is your take on today, i.e. Friday October 19, 2007?

Regards,

John
Topic: Probablility of candle stick patterns
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2007 1:48:00 AM
QUOTE (tommy21)
Scott, I strongly agree with Diceman here. You have proven that TSV works. Martha has given us all the candlestick knowledge that we need. Trade the TSV system like a business, protect capital at all times. The ones that get rich do so buy being focused...

Good luck..

Who the heck is this Martha everyone keeps talking about? Please point me to a thread or her web site.

Goodness, I'm not trying to be funny, but the quotes about Martha are kind of scary in a Jim Jones / David Koresh sort of way.
Topic: Oasis Project
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2007 12:26:19 AM
Greetings!

What is the end result of all of this? Sorry if I missed the answer on another thread. What I'd like to know is if you are going to offer an indicator, or a service? If so, with which products other than TC? If you are currently daytrading this system I assume you are using another more robust daytrading package.

John