Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: KenM
About
User Name: KenM
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Identify sectors gaining momentum over the past few months
Posted: Thursday, March 3, 2005 12:26:12 PM
QUOTE (Doug_H)
I tested this, Ken, and your results are correct. A few days ago, MG742 Toys and Hobby Stores was the only group that made it through. Over the last few days, its performance dropped it back to the second quartile for the most recent month. Your results tell you this:

There are currently no industry groups that were in the bottom quartile 4 months ago that are currently in the top quartile. In other words, the industries that are currently ranked in the top quartile haven't ranked in the bottom quartile for at least the past 4 months.

The technique is working for you, because it gave you useful information. However, you may want to modify your flagging levels, or perhaps leave out the 3rd prior month, and see what you find. The technique is flexible, and if you play around with it some, you may come up with some interesting information.

Great stuff Doug: Thanks for your help. I appreciate your fast response.
Posted: Thursday, March 3, 2005 12:07:18 PM
QUOTE (KenM)

Doug:
Ive double and tripled checked my PCFs and 3 times ran this following your video and I end up with no flagged sectors. When I get thru prior month 1 unflagging I can already see that I will have no sectors that were in the bottom quartile in prior month 3 showing as in the top quarter now. Ive read all the posts to make sure I have'nt missed something. Is it posssible that there ARE no sectors from prior month 3 back that are now in the top quarter?

I just ran it again use weekly PCFs and I get sectors ok, so I can only conclude that there are no monthly sectors that move up to the top
Posted: Thursday, March 3, 2005 11:47:28 AM

Doug:
Ive double and tripled checked my PCFs and 3 times ran this following your video and I end up with no flagged sectors. When I get thru prior month 1 unflagging I can already see that I will have no sectors that were in the bottom quartile in prior month 3 showing as in the top quarter now. Ive read all the posts to make sure I have'nt missed something. Is it posssible that there ARE no sectors from prior month 3 back that are now in the top quarter?
Topic: Spotting trend changes using linear regression channel sorts
Posted: Wednesday, March 2, 2005 10:38:07 PM
Great stuff Sean! I just found this. I hope you don't have plans to delete this, as I need some time to work with it.

Thanks.