Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: sturner
About
User Name: sturner
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 102
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Creating a condition?
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 11:51:44 AM

And again, because of the way Donchians work... I could also say "mark the first sell signal the first time the Donchian falls... and mark the buy signal the next time the Donchian rises... then paint the bars in between (the downtrend)"... make sense?

Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 11:42:39 AM

I hope my question from last night made sense... my issue still remains that the code above looks to mark the ALL the points where price is BELOW the higher Donchian, whereas what I'm trying to do is have "sell signal" mark on the first time where price breaches the lower Donchian and a "buy" signal where price come back above the higher Donchian.  And in a perfect world, a paint bar scheme to mark the period between the sell and buy signal.  Is this clear? 

Thanks for the help!

Sam

Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 5:07:58 PM

it doesn't look like it is working... I wonder (as a result of the way Donchian's work with price) if I need to simply tell it "if the lower Donchian reverses down from the last bar, turn on sell signal... keep that sell signal on until upper Donchian reverses back up from prior bar"... know what I mean? as price won't stay below the Donchian like it would a moving avg... it only breaks and then the Donchian follows it lower. 

Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 4:33:50 PM

So I have dumped that into the edit box of the RealCode "Add Conditon" feature... it shows up as an icon at the bottom of the chart, but it doesnt "mark" the chart like I wanted it to.   What would I be missing? 

Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 1:51:32 PM

I want to mark the period of time between the sell signal and the next buy signal... where theDonchian breaches are the triggers

Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 12:13:21 PM

Ok, so the more I look at it- I don't know if a "combo" condition would work since I'm not marking when BOTH conditions are present... I'm trying to mark the entire period from where price falls below the donchian to then back above it.  Make sense?

Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 11:54:44 AM

Hi, I have simply put a Donchian channel on the price history in the top panel and all I want to do is creat a "combination condition" marker from where price history has fallen below the lower Donchian and stays on until it rises back above the top Donchian.  I tried marking the two conditions (one for fall below and one for rise above) as the first step towards a combo condition and it doesn't appear to mark anything.  I then tried the "conditon" indicator on the default Stochastics (tested rising above 50) and it marked the date fine... so I'm confused as to why it's not marking the Donchian breaches... thoughts?

Topic: Inserting overlay ticker?
Posted: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 5:13:13 PM

ok- that's perfect, thank you

Posted: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:23:51 PM

In StockFinder?  What exactly do I (left or right?) click?

Posted: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:14:53 PM

Is it possible to insert a ticker ("sp-500") as an overlay in the top panel when you're looking at XLU (for example) and a host of other indicators?

Thank-Sam