Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: QuickFingersLuc
About
User Name: QuickFingersLuc
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Rejection candles
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 1:16:43 PM

Bruce,

I am liking this new scan you helped me with.. Now can you please help me figure out how to put an alert on this scanner so that I dont have to stare at it all day long... I just want a bell or something as soon as I have a result in the scan...

Luc

Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 11:52:24 PM

Bruce, 

Thank you, that looks great.. I will try it tomorrow..

Luc

Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 4:56:51 PM

I would like to write a scan to find quick rejection or stuffing candles.. Basically the scan would be looking for a 1min candle that is 2 or 3 times the average length of the past 20 candles.. but the has imediatly retraced to near or close to begining of the move (perhaps within seconds)

So for the extented candle the fomula is: H >L AND (H = C) AND H - L >= 3*AVG(H1 - L1, 20) 

But for the retracement of lets say 80% of the body of the candle? What would you suggest?

Luc

Topic: Condition % down on day
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 12:03:10 PM

Im writting a PCF to find stocks down more than 10% on the day... So far it looks like this C<50 and C>1 and ???  this is where I have no idea how to write: Current price is lower than 10% from yesterdays close... So basically if the stock is 10% down on the day or more..

Luc

Topic: Penny Droppers
Posted: Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:17:38 AM

Bruce, 

Thank you for all your help lately with PCFs.. I have been testing out TC2000, planning to make a switch from my current scanning software to TC2000.. 

This is a scan I currently use everyday, I call this Penny Droppers, can you help me write the PCF please:

-Current price under $1

-Days Volume over 100

-Current price has dropped 18% or more compaired to yesterdays close

-Results only stay on scanner for 1 min (on the other software scanner that I use, this condition is uneccesary because the results are can be sorted by time in scan, so every time a stock meets the conditions it ends up at the top of the list with a time stamp.. Since TC2000 does not have this "time in scan" colum, so I need a way to see new stocks as they are found and not have a massive list with new stocks just appearing somewhere in the list.. Either all new stocks are displayed at the top, or results have to expire from list in a minute or two, so new ones can be noticed when they appear)

Thanks again,

Luc

Topic: Short Continuation PCF Formula
Posted: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 8:51:33 AM

Actually can I get even more specific about the rebound action.. instead of half a percent from todays low.. Can you code a rebound on today of 1 third of the move down&hellip;  So that would be yesterdays close minus todays low, then 30% of that number = X and so the stock would have to be atleast X or greater off todays low..  

Topic: Short Continuation PCF Formula
Posted: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 8:29:04 AM

I want to scan for stocks that are down on the day with higher than usual volume but have rebounde part way, looking to enter for a short continuation move. I would like a PCF Formula to find stocks that are:

-Down on the day -2% or greater from yesterdays close,

-But have had a quick rebound part of the move, so off todays low by half a percent up or more

-Todays volume is greater than usual, so todays current average 10min volume bar should be 2 times yesterdays average 10min volume bar..

Thanks,

Luc

Topic: Please Help me write this scanner
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2018 8:43:52 AM

I hope Im posting this in the right forum. Here is the strategy: Im looking for extended moves toward support or Resistance areas. When this setup occurs (to the downside) you would want to see several red candles (if you were looking at 3min or 5min candles) and then an obvious area of previous support below.. The idea is that after there is some panic selling, when price reaches a level of support you usually will get a short term bounce. Sellers will be a little exhausted because of the extended quick move down, and when they hit support (a level of buyers) there may be a quick bounce before the selloff resumes... 

The opposite is true for a quick move up that runs into resistance.

Here is what the scanner will do:

The Scan that Im trying to write is now identifying the support and resistance levels, it only is trying to identify a quick drop in price (or rise in price) and an extended move where there is more selling than usual. To accomplish this rather than look at 5 min candles, I want to compair the current 10min candle to an average of the past 20, 10min candles..

Here is what you will manully do with results:

Then after your scanner finds you results of stocks making these quick extended moves you can have your layout set up with two charts, a small chart with 1hour chandles so you can quickly mark up your support and resistance lines and then a larger chart with 5 or 10min candles so you can plan your entry. TC2000 will transfer all your lines to both charts, so you should be able to plan your entry quite fast. 

Here are the Conditions/Filters for the scanner :

I want the scanner to search for a 10minute candle that is twice the length of the average 10min candle (looking back at the last 20 candles and finding an average range to compare to the current 10min candle)

I want the past 20 candles combined to have a minimum $ value of $100,000 or more.

I would like the the current 10 minute candle to be at the bottom or top of its range(for instance if a stock is having a quick move down in price I would like the scanner to find this move as its happening, but after it begins to bounce back up it would no longer show up on the scanner because it is not at the the bottom of the current candle) (the same would be true for a candle moving up 2 times its average 10min range, I would like the scanner to find the move as its making new highs and not after it pulls back) 

Thank You for your help writting the formula for this scanner,

Luc  

Posted: Monday, November 5, 2018 7:49:14 AM

I am new to TC2000 so right now I was hoping to be able to get this scan to work using the EasyScan.. Or would I need the StockFinder to be able to make these 10min candle comparisons?

Thanks, 

Luc

Posted: Monday, November 5, 2018 7:36:50 AM

I want the scanner to search for a 10minute candle that is twice the length of the average 10min candle (looking back at the last 20 candles and finding an average range to compare to the current 10min candle)

I want the past 20 candles combined to have a minimum $ value of $100,000 or more.

I would like the the current 10 minute candle to be at the bottom or top of its range(for instance if a stock is having a quick move down in price I would like the scanner to find this move as its happening, but after it begins to bounce back up it would no longer show up on the scanner because it is not at the the bottom of the current candle) (the same would be true for a candle moving up 2 times its average 10min range, I would like the scanner to find the move as its making new highs and not after it pulls back) 

Thank You for your help,

Luc