Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: bison36
About
User Name: bison36
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 3
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Differing opening prices depending on timeframes?
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 10:21:29 AM

That makes a lot of sense, thank you for the quick reply!

Topic: Differing opening prices depending on timeframes?
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 9:56:35 AM

Hello,

Basically, when looking at stocks on a few different time frames, such as the 30 min, daily, or 5 min, etc., I'm getting different opening prices for the day depending on which one I look at. Don't know why that would be the case, and yes, I'm checking the opening price on the first bar for each day, so the first 5 min bar on the day, has a different opening price than what the daily bar for the day says it has.

If they are supposed to be different for some reason, would love to know the reasons for the difference so I'm able to deciepher which opening price to base my strategy off of. 

For an example today, I'm looking at $ANY and the daily bar says it opened at 6.5, while the 30 min had 6.08. Literally as I've been writing this post however, it did correct itself and put them all at 6.50, so maybe just a little slow?

Thanks!

Topic: INSIDE 60 SCAN USING 30 MIN FORMULA FOR TOP OF THE HOUR
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2018 3:02:49 PM

I have been attempting to create a formula for a condition in a scan that shows me inside 60 min bars by using some sort of code to find them from the 30 minute chart, as the hourly on tc2000 does not update at the bottom of the hour. Essentially, the lowest low of the current bar and the previous bar should be greater than the lowest low of the bars 2 and 3 bars ago. Something like so: https://i.imgur.com/g9nXfEp.png right off the open would not be an inside 60 using tc2000 hourly scan but I am wondering if there is some logic to fix that problem.